PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 06:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Guide to get Nand working on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
I have been flashing, tweaking, hacking, jailbreaking, etc.. for years since first version of windows CE. I am on epic 4g and have been through many roms with it and about 10x as many on windows mobile then android on my TP2. I still have Sprint TP2 as well and have been running android off SD card for a while since nothing was working. I downloaded all files to try nand version and was looking for a faq to refresh myself before jumping back in. This would have been helpful I am sure. If possible email to darylrue@gmail.com, thanks. Otherwise I will figure it out but will take longer. Its cold and I would like to play around this week a bit.
this should be easy for you then. I'm quoting myself from the OMGB instructions.

Instructions are simple. Flash RHODIMG.NBH via sdcard, boot with USB plugged in and flash recovery. Reboot into recovery and update from sd and select OMGB. Once you are up and running, you can boot back into recovery and install GAPPS. Don't try to install GAPPS at the same time, i find that it causes some crashes if this way is done.

In this case it helps if you know less about wince and more about android. Once rhodimg.nbh is in you have the ability to fastboot. If you know what that is then the rest is self explanatory.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

eurohunter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I can't seem to install the fastboot driver. when i test adb, it's fine, it shows 000000 under devices, but when i type "fastboot devices", nothing shows up. So I shut down my phone and pressed Volume Down and Power to get into that three-color screen. Then connected phone with usb to my laptop (at the bottom of the screen it reads "serial", not 'usb'). I tried to update the wrongly-installed driver in Device Manager ("qualcomm cdma something") and i directed it to the 'PdaNet for Android', but I just get a pop up that says it could not locate the driver. What am i doing wrong??
Old 02-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Dinomon1 is becoming a great contributor

What is the difference between the NAND vs regular GBX0B release? GBX0B is put on the SD card, how about NAND?
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
I can't seem to install the fastboot driver. when i test adb, it's fine, it shows 000000 under devices, but when i type "fastboot devices", nothing shows up. So I shut down my phone and pressed Volume Down and Power to get into that three-color screen. Then connected phone with usb to my laptop (at the bottom of the screen it reads "serial", not 'usb'). I tried to update the wrongly-installed driver in Device Manager ("qualcomm cdma something") and i directed it to the 'PdaNet for Android', but I just get a pop up that says it could not locate the driver. What am i doing wrong??
Well first of all you went back to the tri-color screen, which is WinMo bootloader, to update a driver for fastboot/Android?

Try updating the driver in fastboot mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
What is the difference between the NAND vs regular GBX0B release? GBX0B is put on the SD card, how about NAND?
By process of elimination if this isn't installed on the SD card, what is it installed on?

NAND. It's kind of a misnomer, since technically most flash cards also use NAND flash memory, it stuck for whatever reason. So it's installed over WinMo. Still in testing, not for the feint of heart, blah blah blah.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM
Lurker

eurohunter is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Well first of all you went back to the tri-color screen, which is WinMo bootloader, to update a driver for fastboot/Android?

Try updating the driver in fastboot mode.
How do I get into fastboot mode? I always thought the tri color screen was the fastboot mode.

Sent from my MSM on the PPCGeeks App
Old 02-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurohunter View Post
How do I get into fastboot mode? I always thought the tri color screen was the fastboot mode.
Assuming you're on a relatively new version of LK, you just coldboot the phone to force fastboot.

Cold boot = pull battery.

No, fastboot is part of LK - the blue screen with tiny text. If you see some jibberish about "fastboot_enabled" or something to that effect, then you're in LK in fastboot mode. If it just hangs on that blue screen and you can't read anything about fastboot, then you're in LK but there's nothing installed for it to boot. Make sense?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Lurker

eurohunter is a n00b

thanks a lot arrrghhh. i'm going to try it tonight
Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinomon1 View Post
What is the difference between the NAND vs regular GBX0B release?
you dont have to boot two os's when you need to change your dead battery. at least thats the only difference that matters to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development