PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by detule View Post
The HaRET mic workarounds fixed issues with the microphone on the handset itself being MIA. Any wired headset mic issues on nand are more than likely to be present on HaRET as well.
I think haret is safe from this. Recently we added a patch for 3.5mm which sets a gpio (RHODIUM_GPIO_UP_RESET_N) to 0. We had an issue in the past with haret on this so it was commented out. But I enabled it on our last release since 3.5mm was fixed, however i think this breaks Mic so it may need to be commented out again. This is why i want a gsm guy to test h2w, since they dont load this code at all ..

this was my commit.

https://gitorious.org/~acl/linux-on-...c72579eb620796
Old 01-17-2012, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

detule is keeping up the good workdetule is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I think haret is safe from this.
This patch is in +.39 but that's OT. I'll continue taking my cues re: h2w/3.5mm from your tree.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jotarou1 is just getting started
Question Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Hopefully this is an easy one.

My carrier is Sprint. I can make/receive calls, data, text all working. But when somebody leaves me a voicemail and I try to listen to it, I get a message that says "The feature code you've entered is not valid"

My phone dials *86 to get to my voicemail.

Is there a setting I need to change?

EDIT:
When I call my cell phone from my work phone, I can check my voicemail that way pressing * then entering my passcode.

Last edited by jotarou1; 01-17-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotarou1 View Post
Hopefully this is an easy one.

My carrier is Sprint. I can make/receive calls, data, text all working. But when somebody leaves me a voicemail and I try to listen to it, I get a message that says "The feature code you've entered is not valid"

My phone dials *86 to get to my voicemail.

Is there a setting I need to change?

EDIT:
When I call my cell phone from my work phone, I can check my voicemail that way pressing * then entering my passcode.
You just need to change the voicemail settings in the phone... Menu -> Settings -> Call Settings. Configure your voicemail for your provider... I use Google Voice, so I'm no help here.

Edit - Why don't you just dial your cell number from your cell? That's what I always did before GV. You could probably just set that as your voicemail number...
Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post

Edit - Why don't you just dial your cell number from your cell? That's what I always did before GV. You could probably just set that as your voicemail number...
You are correct. Just put in your 10 digit cell phone number. Did it yesteday.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

jotarou1 is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Thanks arrrghhh and huckl3b3rry. I just tried calling my own number and that worked. When I tried that on Sunday (previous build) the phone just kept ringing until it told me the phone was unavailable.

Afterwards I just setup Google Voice so I am good to go now. I just receive my voicemail in my inbox, yea for unlimited Data

Thanks again, loving Android so far.

Juan
Old 01-17-2012, 07:02 PM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Just be aware with Google voice on my sprint number I had a number of SMS messages that didn't arrive for a couple of days and I also had more problems with calls completing. I'm not sure if you convert your number to a Google Voice number if Sprint then hands outgoing calls off to Google for termination or not, but recently removed google from my account and it seems to be better. I'm not trying to discourage you, but if you start seeing issues and aren't sure why you might try disassociating you number (you can make it GV number again) and see if it gets better.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM
N00b

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Now for a issue. I'm on the 1/16 release and I just had a reboot. I wasn't using the phone when it happened so I can't give you more more information on what was happening, etc. I grabbed the logs as soon as I had a chance: ====================== SYSTEM INFORMATION =================== Linux localhost 2. - Pastebin.com
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huckl3b3rry View Post
Now for a issue. I'm on the 1/16 release and I just had a reboot. I wasn't using the phone when it happened so I can't give you more more information on what was happening, etc. I grabbed the logs as soon as I had a chance: ====================== SYSTEM INFORMATION =================== Linux localhost 2. - Pastebin.com
If you had a reboot, unfortunately the only logs that are useful are last_kmsg...

GetLogs is awesome, but really only shows logs from that boot.

Last edited by arrrghhh; 01-17-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:19 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP
I need some advice on how to try and capture logs.

I experienced three spontaneous rebooted, today.

First event: Phone on desk, in sleep. SMS comes in, phone goes out of sleep, I hear my SMS announcement tone, pickup the phone as it rebooted.

Second event: Speaking on a call, in the midst of speaking, with the phone to my ear and the phone rebooted.

Third event: Incoming call while the phone is in my holster. I didn't recognize that taking the phone out of my holster has caused the phone to wake up. As it waking up, I press power (turning it off) and then power again, to turn it back on ... reboot.

So my question is: how should I go about trying to get logs for stuff like this?

Best regards,
-boggsie

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development