PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
ACL - Things have been running so smoothly I just had to mess with it.

One of the few features I really would like is GPS, so I downloaded GBX0B and yanked the gps.xdandroid.file. Pushed it into /system/lib/hw as gps.rhodium.so and rebooted.

Maps and other GPS programs seemed to work well, so I decided to push it. I left Maps running yesterday on my way home and today on my way in, attached are the last/kmsg files from the reboot that happened in each case (yesterday made it almost 30 minutes, this morning was more like 15).

If I'm reading it right it looks like a surfaceflinger stack overflow, but reading logs isn't my strong suit.

Anyway, if I'm going outside the testing you're after just tell me to stop. I just figured since it hadn't broke in several days I needed to fix it.
This wont work right. If you want gps, use this file from OMGB 1.2.2.

/system/lib/hw/gps.rhodium.so

Try it out and report back i suppose.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hah, nice. Curious, what version of Google Maps? v6.x seems to have problems, but not these kind...

I would like GPS tho . ACL, you have done great work. Considering the few things that remain, it really is impressive!
v5.7.0

(probably whatever is stock with the gapps in the first post)
Old 01-04-2012, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
This wont work right. If you want gps, use this file from OMGB 1.2.2.

/system/lib/hw/gps.rhodium.so

Try it out and report back i suppose.
Will do!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Issue 16
I notice buffer->charging_source equal 0 or 2, never 1 whether plug USB with PC or AC.
Code:
struct battery_info_reply {
    u32 batt_id;        /* Battery ID from ADC */
    u32 batt_vol;        /* Battery voltage from ADC */
    u32 batt_temp;        /* Battery Temperature (C)corrected value from formula and ADC */
    s32 batt_current;    /* Battery current from ADC */
    u32 level;        /* formula */
    u32 charging_source;    /* 0: no cable, 1:usb, 2:AC */
    u32 charging_enabled;    /* 0: Disable, 1: Enable */
    u32 full_bat;        /* Full capacity of battery (mAh) */
    u32 batt_tempRAW;    /* Battery Temperature (C) from formula and ADC */
};
Hey muz. i pushed the hack for the battery. Also other fixes that i wont release until the next full build. You can test if the above still happens if you have time.

Also i think we are missing the gpio for ac detect. Maybe why its always seeing it as usb. Not sure 100%
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Hey muz. i pushed the hack for the battery. Also other fixes that i wont release until the next full build. You can test if the above still happens if you have time.

Also i think we are missing the gpio for ac detect. Maybe why its always seeing it as usb. Not sure 100%
awesome.. i saw you fixed the 3.5mm jack. when do you think we will be able to test this sucker out?
Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anish88 View Post
awesome.. i saw you fixed the 3.5mm jack. when do you think we will be able to test this sucker out?
When it's ready.

Unless you want to compile and build it yourself, patience.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

PedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good workPedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good work

Well, I had a few issues yesterday:

First, at some point while charging (and suspended) sound stopped working completely. I woke the phone up and tried calling someone. All I got was a slight static like chirp out of the earpiece and they couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. A reboot fixed that.

The other issue was that it hung after I selected reboot.

Plus at one point yesterday coming out of a suspend the dialer was SEVERLY lagging. I'd press a number and there was a delay of around 5-10sec before it would show. It recorded all of the numbers pressed so I could dial 123-456-7890 and all of them would show up, it would just take around 20 seconds or so for them all to show up.

Also, HD Youtube videos don't play. Are the libs that hyc made baked in? If not I guess I gotta throw those in.

Despite these issues, I still hands down would use this over WinMobile ANY DAY!

Last edited by PedroDaGr8; 01-05-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
When it's ready.

:-p .lol

I guess once i have all the csvs i can begin to package up a Release Candidate. Im killing bugs left and right so its winding down. Eventually we will need to add gps to start troubleshooting those new issues.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

PedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good workPedroDaGr8 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroDaGr8 View Post
Well, I had a few issues yesterday:

First, at some point while charging (and suspended) sound stopped working completely. I woke the phone up and tried calling someone. All I got was a slight static like chirp out of the earpiece and they couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear them. A reboot fixed that.

The other issue was that it hung after I selected reboot.

Plus at one point yesterday coming out of a suspend the dialer was SEVERLY lagging. I'd press a number and there was a delay of around 5-10sec before it would show. It recorded all of the numbers pressed so I could dial 123-456-7890 and all of them would show up, it would just take around 20 seconds or so for them all to show up.

Also, HD Youtube videos don't play. Are the libs that hyc made baked in? If not I guess I gotta throw those in.

Despite these issues, I still hands down would use this over WinMobile ANY DAY!
Also, let me know if you need any logs. I don't have a usb cable here at work but I will figure out a way to get them off the phone and send them to you.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2: NAND OMGB

anish88 is just getting started

Quote:
When it's ready.

Jeez arrrghhh, you know I just want to help and test. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development