PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: MTS

viber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to viber
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Just now flash my phone nand omgb with new ril inside zip. (with task29 before).
-GSM don't work anyway
-when display shut of status led must be green. But not in my case is stay orange.
here is some logs
Attached Files
File Type: zip adb_logs.zip (32.7 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium
Carrier: TeleNord

teemo is a n00b
Maybe its just me being confused and not paying attention, but...
Has anyone on RHOD100 had any luck with RIL and data connection?

I have the idea that the new RIL is only to get 400/500 on GSM.

Am I way off ?
Old 12-09-2011, 06:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
hmm well i dont need the numbers of your ts-calib file but of the calib file generated on first boot. You can always grab a fresh one by doing this on adb shell

Code:
cat /sys/android_tp_cal/tp_cal
It should match your tri color numbers but in a different order.
I did a fresh install and didnt get any info, thats why i posted the other rhodiums numbers ill try that when i get home

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-09-2011, 11:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemo View Post
Maybe its just me being confused and not paying attention, but...
Has anyone on RHOD100 had any luck with RIL and data connection?

I have the idea that the new RIL is only to get 400/500 on GSM.

Am I way off ?
No one has reported success. Follow my thread on Xda since there are more gsm users there. I'm really hoping you guys can team up and come up with a good list of bugs to kill. To be honest im surprised it even booted, but now its time to get down and dirty.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:07 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by viber View Post
cat android_tp_cal/tp_cal show me
in ts-calibration of sdcard builds little bit different but with this parameters touch screen works better:
Can i edit android_tp_cal and put there digits from ts-calibration file?
no those are in nand from wince. its done by the kernel and cant be modified. (well at least not yet. In the future we might venture into it)

your orig tri color : 507,524 799,845 788,201 221,210 221,847

Something is not right since the data is not matching your tri color. For now just use your old ts calib file and put it on the /data/ since thats where android reads it from.

When we first boot cleanly, the script below executes to generate the /data/ts-calibration

Code:
	cat /sys/android_tp_cal/tp_cal > /data/ts-calibration
        cat /data/ts-calibration > $touchscreendir/calibration_points
So as long as you have a valid /data/ts-calibration, the ts will use those.

Also forget about the old build, the 12-5 build will most likely be the new stable. So this ts calib system is here to stay. We just really need to find a ts calib app incases where you want to recalib such as you do now.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

OK, I need to completely rescind my statements about OMGB and power management.

I downloaded an app called "Battery Calibration" which deletes the existing battery cal data file and forces the system to recreate it.

Below is a picture of my phone ~ 10 minutes before it finally shut down.

Approximately 38.5 hours run time on a single charge.

ACL - You are DA' MAN!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 731G3323.jpg (69.5 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
OK, I need to completely rescind my statements about OMGB and power management.

I downloaded an app called "Battery Calibration" which deletes the existing battery cal data file and forces the system to recreate it.

Below is a picture of my phone ~ 10 minutes before it finally shut down.

Approximately 38.5 hours run time on a single charge.

ACL - You are DA' MAN!
no you da man. Cuz i had no idea about this app. haha. Actually i think clockwork mod has the ability to wipe. Hopefully soon it will be our primary recovery and we can do away with the old legacy recovery. I forget that thing is from the good ol froyo days.

are you using this as a daily phone ? Also how is your ts calibration doing since vzihome is having issues and im wondering who else
Old 12-09-2011, 02:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

trevoroni is a n00b

I had issues using the calibration from winmo. I specifically flashed to the rom I used before I switched to this (Blackout rom-winmo 6.1) and calibrated before flashing the new build.
I replaced the ts-calibration file with the sd card one and it is much better.

I have also had 36+ hours of battery life with minimal use, a few short calls, a dozen or so texts and a little web browsing. I average 14-16 hours during a normal day. This is with a new OEM battery, before I got the new one I was lucky to get 6 hours with normal use. =D>

I've been using this as my daily phone for the past 3 weeks and it's been great, now that I updated to the Verizon radio and haven't had any more slow wakes I can honestly say that my phone is just as good as my GF's Hero, which is similar in hardware specs except native Android.

Last edited by trevoroni; 12-09-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevoroni View Post
I had issues using the calibration from winmo. I specifically flashed to the rom I used before I switched to this (Blackout rom-winmo 6.1) and calibrated before flashing the new build.
I replaced the ts-calibration file with the sd card one and it is much better.

I have also had 36+ hours of battery life with minimal use, a few short calls, a dozen or so texts and a little web browsing. I average 14-16 hours during a normal day. This is with a new OEM battery, before I got the new one I was lucky to get 6 hours with normal use. =D>
this is good to hear. cdma will go full stable soon after one final update to include gps. Lot of little buggs getting killed.

I had to consult with cotulla on the calib points. we have the right numbers but we may not have the orientation correct. They may be inverted. So i'll play with it tonight and see what can be done about this.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: MTS

viber is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to viber

Quote:
I'm really hoping you guys can team up and come up with a good list of bugs to kill.
If we need team up us, then on XDA need start thread (for rhod100 testers)and add on top of page instructions (standard) how people must report about his found issues and how they can collect logs and of course they must put logs with his issues. Other post will be ignored and deleted. Also in top of thread can be added basical exercise. Like check mobile settings save radio logs, on-off autobrightness, try to sleep and awake device, seve dmesg logs. Of course with explaining how to get them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development