PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

I put up an experimental ril. http://rhodium-nand.googlecode.com/f...generic-ril.so

These were the changes. I need a world phone user to test this bad boy out. Bottom line when you change the network to gsm it will hopefully just pick it up.

if this works out, then it will be included in the next update.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 (Rhod100)
Carrier: MTS

viber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to viber

I add to /system/lib via adb push libhtcgeneric-ril.so and reboot phone but no changes. No signal show in top of screen. May be i must add this to zip and start all process installation from begining?
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: rhod500
Carrier: rogers

kylanschilling is a n00b

kk will do.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viber View Post
I add to /system/lib via adb push libhtcgeneric-ril.so and reboot phone but no changes. No signal show in top of screen. May be i must add this to zip and start all process installation from begining?
You need to remount /system RW before pushing it. If you want to be able to revert, you should also rename the old one before pushing the new one, so you have both.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylanschilling View Post
kk will do.
tried this morning with an att sim and setting it to gsm via the UI swiched it over. I was able to see the APN and all that nonsense. However i had no service so thats where it ended.

also sleep broke, so not sure wtf is up with that
Old 12-08-2011, 12:59 PM
N00b

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
I put up an experimental ril. http://rhodium-nand.googlecode.com/f...generic-ril.so

These were the changes. I need a world phone user to test this bad boy out. Bottom line when you change the network to gsm it will hopefully just pick it up.

if this works out, then it will be included in the next update.
you guys are awesome

ACL i did task 29 to be sure its all clear. added your ril to the zip and flashed it. first boot and it has attached to my gsm service without any interaction on my part
Old 12-08-2011, 01:03 PM
N00b

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:
tried this morning with an att sim and setting it to gsm via the UI swiched it over. I was able to see the APN and all that nonsense. However i had no service so thats where it ended.

i have service with ur new ril. i just cant test data.

apn info is there as you mentioned.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:10 PM
N00b

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:

im up here in Canada where we have no wireless competition. they just rape us with rates and restrictions. unlimited data is almost unherd of here. or atleast till just recently

what i can do tomorrow is switch to the data prepaid for the month so i can test the data if you want.

35$ 100 mbytes of data and get unlimited calling in zone

right now just 25$ for the unlimited calls in zone

stupid eh lol
Old 12-08-2011, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylanschilling View Post
im up here in Canada where we have no wireless competition. they just rape us with rates and restrictions. unlimited data is almost unherd of here. or atleast till just recently

what i can do tomorrow is switch to the data prepaid for the month so i can test the data if you want.

35$ 100 mbytes of data and get unlimited calling in zone

right now just 25$ for the unlimited calls in zone

stupid eh lol
ahh.. dont worry about it bro you did your part. Someone else i'm sure will jump in and verify it for us. Gotta thank muzling for never giving up up.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:28 PM
N00b

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:
ahh.. dont worry about it bro you did your part. Someone else i'm sure will jump in and verify it for us. Gotta thank muzling for never giving up up.
its not a bit deal. just 10$ more then usual for a whole 100 mbytes lol

iv been so eager to get my phone up and running with android for so long

im down for the cause
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development