PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TESTING] - NAND OMGB (1.2.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Excellent (sort of, I guess). Glad it was worth chasing them down.
ok, now this is probably going to be harder than fixing the bug. And thats actually replicating it. For me it just happened random out of the blue last night so i have no idea what triggered it. Can you replicate it ? i'm still examining your log to see what went on but it looks like you were fairly stable for a while and then BAM. .lol
Old 12-07-2011, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
ok, now this is probably going to be harder than fixing the bug. And thats actually replicating it. For me it just happened random out of the blue last night so i have no idea what triggered it. Can you replicate it ? i'm still examining your log to see what went on but it looks like you were fairly stable for a while and then BAM. .lol
Yep. The only thing I can think of doing "recently" is applying the V6 Supercharger script last night (about 16 hours prior to the lock-up). Script Manager came along for the ride (naturally).

It was such a totally random thing I don't know that I can reproduce it, but if it happens again I will grab any logs and the /proc/last_kmsg file to see if they reveal anything new.

Some other things of interest.

1. I had one random reboot this evening (nowhere near a PC when it happened, so no logs).
2. I have not experienced any "long to wake" problems with the display since yesterday's update.
3. I'm still seeing significantly worse battery life vs. FRX7.1, but I guess that's the price you pay living on the bleeding edge...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Threadstarter

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
Yep. The only thing I can think of doing "recently" is applying the V6 Supercharger script last night (about 16 hours prior to the lock-up). Script Manager came along for the ride (naturally).

It was such a totally random thing I don't know that I can reproduce it, but if it happens again I will grab any logs and the /proc/last_kmsg file to see if they reveal anything new.

Some other things of interest.

1. I had one random reboot this evening (nowhere near a PC when it happened, so no logs).
2. I have not experienced any "long to wake" problems with the display since yesterday's update.
3. I'm still seeing significantly worse battery life vs. FRX7.1, but I guess that's the price you pay living on the bleeding edge...
thats cool.. just keep at it and i'm sure we will run into it again. Also keep an eye on the light. If its orange most of the time that means its not sleeping. How many hours you get after a full charge? can you at least get 24 ?
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Started from scratch... downloaded everything from 1st post...no go calibration off...had to push ts-cali(sdbuilds) to /data ...flashing back to winmo re-calibrate and retry....

Also, created this lil bat file to auto flash and boot into recovery...just unzip into your adb folder if anyone intrested.

edit added a couple more
display calibration data
get a dmesg log file
get logcat radio file
get logcat file
Attached Files
File Type: zip flash recovery.zip (689 Bytes, 10 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip calibration.zip (171 Bytes, 3 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip dmesg.zip (144 Bytes, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip logcat radio.zip (169 Bytes, 1 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip logcat.zip (137 Bytes, 1 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by vzihome; 12-08-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: tmobile

exoticious is a n00b

greetings sir well done mate.. great work...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
No go on calibration still off...i have 2 rhod400 same issues with same setup...

Sent from my Touch Pro 2 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: rhod500
Carrier: rogers

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:
read muzlings post a page back or so. Looks like you need to setprop something

Edit : Also i realized when you go to settings>wifi & networks > mobile networks > Network mode and select Global, it sticks and does read some crap. So can you try that ?
sorry not sure what you/he means. you mean change the ro.telephony in build.prop?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylanschilling View Post
sorry not sure what you/he means. you mean change the ro.telephony in build.prop?
Try this ril.so, then modify build.prop, edit ro.telephony.default_network=0(default is zero), reboot OMGB, if still not GSM signal, dial *#*#4636#*#* to select GSM network.
Attached Files
File Type: zip libhtcgeneric-ril.zip (36.3 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-07-2011, 11:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Boost

mbellot is keeping up the good workmbellot is keeping up the good work

Quote:
thats cool.. just keep at it and i'm sure we will run into it again. Also keep an eye on the light. If its orange most of the time that means its not sleeping. How many hours you get after a full charge? can you at least get 24 ?
I'll keep beating on it, if the bug is repeatable I'm sure I'll hit it again sooner or later.

For power, the LED is definitely green most of the time.

I just watched it and saw the following:

Green for ~ 2.5 minutes (was green for ??? when I started watching)
Orange for ~ 1-2 seconds
Green for ~ 4.5 minutes
Orange for ~ 1-2 seconds
Green...

I'm sure my boss would love to know I just spent almost 10 minutes watching the LED on my phone

I do know the LED stays orange longer if there is mail being retrieved from one of the POP accounts, but it's not much longer than the 1-2 seconds.

I don't get 24 hours with OMGB, probably closer to 12-14. The "same" setup on FRX7.1 would get ~ 24 hours.

My (minimal) setup is:

1 widget (Battery Left) on home screen
Google Sync (contacts only) running in background
K-9 Email (similar to stock email) running with 3 POP accounts doing checks 4 times per hour
LCD set to ~ 40% brightness (Auto turned off)
Vibrate always turned on

I don't have WiFi or BT turned on, but data/3G is always active for syncing/email.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: rhod500
Carrier: rogers

kylanschilling is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
Try this ril.so, then modify build.prop, edit ro.telephony.default_network=0(default is zero), reboot OMGB, if still not GSM signal, dial *#*#4636#*#* to select GSM network.
kk doing so now.

my phone can only do 2g im missing the 3g band. should use use telephony #1?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development