PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

moovius is keeping up the good workmoovius is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Just chiming in that I have been playing around with Android on my aging TP2 (so far just installed the FRX07.1). It's tiding me over till I finally find a decent phone to upgrade to on Sprint (holding out for Nexus Prime).

So far it's almost as fast as the MightyRom I use, but I prefer Android for the market apps and just the way everything flows better. It really shows up WM6.5 for how digusting an interface it was. Shame on Microsoft for not innovating.

Thanks for your work on this arrrghh and whoever else has lent time. It's pretty cool. Maybe I'll figure out how to speed things up with some optimizations.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

wizardknight is becoming a great contributor

Got my 'new to me' TP2 the other day, and dropped FRX07.1 on it. Been a bit of a learning experience, but so far I have to give everyone two thumbs up.

Got a speaker phone question. In WM6.5 the speaker phone is about 3x louder, and there is no static. I can't seem to find any talk about it, but I know audio routing issues seem to cause hell around here. Is this a known issue, and if so is there a known work around? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardknight View Post
Got a speaker phone question. In WM6.5 the speaker phone is about 3x louder, and there is no static. I can't seem to find any talk about it, but I know audio routing issues seem to cause hell around here. Is this a known issue, and if so is there a known work around? Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
From the caveat list:

Quote:
BT - works now! But audio doesn't route. See this thread if you're feeling adventurous and want to play with/don't mind using some unstable/incomplete code...
This new audio routing code fixes literally all of the things you mention. There's several devs working to implement it - I've been helping them test, and it's very close. There's still some issues... the main one being the volume control doesn't actually control the volume in-call .

Assuming that bug is fixed, I think a new build will be released. Believe it or not, all of the problems you mention (low volume, static, general audio routing problems) are fixed with the new acoustic code. Can't wait until all the bugs are fixed so a more general release can happen!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (RHOD 500)
Carrier: Verizon

janusman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
I found out on the new build my phone has been doing this. The way I found to fix it though is once you boot android make a call (I called my voicemail). After that I haven't had any troubles with missing calls. Just make sure every time you reboot into android you make a call, I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it seems to have fixed it for me. I personally can't stand windows mobile anymore, I'm running android full time on my phone.
Thanks a lot SJS01!! This "seems" to have solved the issue for me. I will continue to monitor and keep you guys posted.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

USB Mass Storage question:

I saw on the fixes page "USB Mass Storage only works if you partition your SD card (anyone want to write a guide to this?)."

I made my 4gb sd card have a 1gb and 3gb partition (both fat 32) with android on the 1gb section. Also WM sees both correctly. When I plug the phone into my usb port I get the prompts to turn on usb storage, but when I hit the button it just sits there spinning/thinking. After a min or two the turn on usb button reappears. My pc is running win7, but I doubt it is the PC having issues as the same function works on my nook color running cyanogenmod.

Can anyone give me a tip on getting the USB mass storage working?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
USB Mass Storage question:

I saw on the fixes page "USB Mass Storage only works if you partition your SD card (anyone want to write a guide to this?)."

I made my 4gb sd card have a 1gb and 3gb partition (both fat 32) with android on the 1gb section. Also WM sees both correctly. When I plug the phone into my usb port I get the prompts to turn on usb storage, but when I hit the button it just sits there spinning/thinking. After a min or two the turn on usb button reappears. My pc is running win7, but I doubt it is the PC having issues as the same function works on my nook color running cyanogenmod.

Can anyone give me a tip on getting the USB mass storage working?
There won't be any guides on partitioning. I barked up that tree, and the consensus was would be a nightmare to support/troubleshoot.

What we mean by partitioning is putting system.ext2 on a dedicated ext2 partition, data.img on a dedicated ext2 partition, etc.

Just use Droid Explorer. It gives you everything you could want related to USB mass storage.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
There won't be any guides on partitioning. I barked up that tree, and the consensus was would be a nightmare to support/troubleshoot.

What we mean by partitioning is putting system.ext2 on a dedicated ext2 partition, data.img on a dedicated ext2 partition, etc.

Just use Droid Explorer. It gives you everything you could want related to USB mass storage.
That's too bad. The first thing I did try was Droid Explorer, and it didn't see any devices connected. I guess it is just not my day.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
That's too bad. The first thing I did try was Droid Explorer, and it didn't see any devices connected. I guess it is just not my day.
Did you read the FAQ? There's directions for Windows... and a fix if it doesn't work. At least, it's always fixed the issue for me. PDA.net.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

been using this for a while, and works flawlessly, at least for what i use it for. The only things that act up are related to TP2's old hardware.

Only thing that I've been unable to clear is I've downloaded apps from market and uninstalled them. They still show up in the download window of market. It's getting hard to scroll through them to update since I downloaded so many to play with. I don't know if this is suppose to show or not but is there a way to clear old apps that I uninstalled so they don't show up?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:02 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Only thing that I've been unable to clear is I've downloaded apps from market and uninstalled them. They still show up in the download window of market. It's getting hard to scroll through them to update since I downloaded so many to play with. I don't know if this is suppose to show or not but is there a way to clear old apps that I uninstalled so they don't show up?
How are you uninstalling them? Thru the manage applications section of the Settings app, or...?

I certainly don't see a list of old apps in the Market that I do not have. You might want to try clearing the Market's cache, or upgrading to the newest Market...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development