PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

Sc/ant864 10-28-2011 12:35 PM

Lol try mapping connections...."hangs" worse than anything I've ever seen on my laptop.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

arrrghhh 10-28-2011 01:03 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2152901)
Lol try mapping connections...."hangs" worse than anything I've ever seen on my laptop.

I just got this laptop and it screams on everything... so anytime something is slow or hangs, I get confused :p.

Core i7 2820QM with 12gb of RAM... Just need to put an SSD in this beast!

Sc/ant864 10-28-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2152903)
I just got this laptop and it screams on everything... so anytime something is slow or hangs, I get confused :p.

Core i7 2820QM with 12gb of RAM... Just need to put an SSD in this beast!

Holy shitballs, 12 gig of RAM....that's insane I thought mine was pretty good with 4 gig, what's the FSB speed on that thing? I'd love a SSD but last I checked any with a decent amount of space were pretty expensive but gotta love the non magnetic aspect of solid state and seek times are a plus.

arrrghhh 10-29-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2152994)
Holy shitballs, 12 gig of RAM....that's insane I thought mine was pretty good with 4 gig, what's the FSB speed on that thing? I'd love a SSD but last I checked any with a decent amount of space were pretty expensive but gotta love the non magnetic aspect of solid state and seek times are a plus.

Heh, not even sure what the FSB is on this. Silly laptops.

While SSD's in large sizes are pricey, I don't think I'd need more than 64gb. Maybe 128... with my file server I really don't save much on my laptop itself.

But this is way OT. lol.

yappering 11-06-2011 11:47 AM

In keeping on topic. I installed Froyo 7.1 on my TP2. Battery life is horrible. Even on the charger, the screen wont turn on and I will have to remove the battery and restart everyday. I have Juice Defender running with that script recommended to save battery life.
Also over clocking at 712 with using juice defender to set idle cpu at 245. The thing still dies every day just sitting idle off the charger. I think i have limited syncing to every hour. Any thoughts?

Sc/ant864 11-06-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yappering (Post 2154312)
In keeping on topic. I installed Froyo 7.1 on my TP2. Battery life is horrible. Even on the charger, the screen wont turn on and I will have to remove the battery and restart everyday. I have Juice Defender running with that script recommended to save battery life.
Also over clocking at 712 with using juice defender to set idle cpu at 245. The thing still dies every day just sitting idle off the charger. I think i have limited syncing to every hour. Any thoughts?

It shouldn't be that bad....did you format your SD correctly? Turn off all syncs except apps you really need it on, turn off wifi,data &bluetooth when not in use. Long calls tend to trigger sod's even on the charger with mine. It should help if you "turn down" OC....also completely charge your batt in WM every once in a while.
Edit- P.S. Get rid of any Widgets.

mbellot 11-06-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Stop OC'ing, dump JuiceDefender, install the latest kernel and rootfs (newer than what is in the bundle) and install Zeam launcher in place of the stock launcher. If you want to limit which apps use data install DroidWall too.

With that setup my phone gets 20+ hours on a single change (6am - 12am). I have two pop mail accounts syncing in addition to the usual G stuff. Talk time is minimal (< 20 minutes average), but I just went on a GPS bender yesterday (1.5hrs of use) and it didn't seem to impact battery life horribly.

Start over, update everything and then keep it basic until you get a baseline.

arrrghhh 11-06-2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Do NOT use JuiceDefender. That software is horrid, and from every single user that has used it said battery life went down. Don't use it!! Even native Android device users have said that app is atrocious.

Other than that, I don't know what could be wrong. Start by ditching it, maybe throttle down the OC a little... although I OC to 710mhz all the time. Works great.

Sc/ant864 11-06-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellot (Post 2154319)
Stop OC'ing, dump JuiceDefender, install the latest kernel and rootfs (newer than what is in the bundle) and install Zeam launcher in place of the stock launcher.

Good advice, I figured juicedefender might be a battery hog. Did you dl Zeam from the market or apk? And did you remove the stock launcher after adding Zeam?

mbellot 11-07-2011 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2154324)
Good advice, I figured juicedefender might be a battery hog. Did you dl Zeam from the market or apk? And did you remove the stock launcher after adding Zeam?

I dl'ed Zeam from the Market. Stock launcher is still installed but Zeam is set as default. I ran into a problem pre-FRX06 where I uninstalled the default launcher before getting the new one set as default... Totally hosed my system, had to start from scratch. Ever since then I just leave it installed. ;)

I honestly don't see a need to OC with Zeam, the system is pretty snappy most of the time. The only time I notice slowdowns is when Market is installing something in the "background", it seems to momentarily bring everything to a halt.

I added Battery Left awhile back and after tweaking my sync settings it's reporting my battery life at ~ 21.5 hours. Not too shabby. :D