PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

EyeB 10-26-2011 08:51 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

2 Attachment(s)
how odd, seems like i have a mystery app then?

I'll post the screenshots, one shows adw launcher and the other shows the launcher app farther down the list

and since you use adw launcher, would you happen to know how to remove the bar to edit the app icons? I mean the one that asks to remove/uninstall/edit icon after you hold it down to move icon. I been trying to find settings on this and on google and can't find anyway to remove it.

arrrghhh 10-26-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeb (Post 2152532)
how odd, seems like i have a mystery app then?

I'll post the screenshots, one shows adw launcher and the other shows the launcher app farther down the list

and since you use adw launcher, would you happen to know how to remove the bar to edit the app icons? I mean the one that asks to remove/uninstall/edit icon after you hold it down to move icon. I been trying to find settings on this and on google and can't find anyway to remove it.

I don't have many apps running at the same time with the aggressive settings I have...

I'm also no longer on FRX07.1, but most of what I am working with should be similar :p.

I also don't know what you mean 'remove the bar to edit app icons' - that's one of the major features of ADW! If you're having issues with the software thinking you're wanting to move something when you don't want to move it, just lock the desktop. I was always having issues with the icons on the bottom wanting to freak out at random because I guess ADW kept thinking I wanted to screw with them. Lock desktop to the rescue.

mbellot 10-27-2011 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2152543)
I'm also no longer on FRX07.1, but most of what I am working with should be similar :p.

You tease!

:razz:

arrrghhh 10-27-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbellot (Post 2152578)
You tease!

:razz:

Not like what I'm running is a big secret :p.

internetaffairs 10-27-2011 03:43 AM

does angry birds work for anyone?

it doesn't work for me. just loads up to the picture with the red bird in the middle and quits

Sc/ant864 10-27-2011 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetaffairs (Post 2152603)

it doesn't work for me. just loads up to the picture with the red bird in the middle and quits

Worked for me on 06 & 07.....but to say it's choppy is a huge understatement.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

arrrghhh 10-27-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetaffairs (Post 2152603)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 (Post 2152613)
Worked for me on 06 & 07.....but to say it's choppy is a huge understatement.

Indeed. Angry Birds requires OpenGLES2.0 - which our hardware does not support, so attempting a software fix is more than useless.

There are some "other" versions of Angry Birds aren't so heavy on the requirements. There's some "Angry Birds Lite" and "Rio" that supposedly run well.

Whew, I actually thought there people had gotten all the Angry Birds out of their systems. I haven't had to say this for at least a few days :p.

moovius 10-28-2011 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2152297)
What have you tried?

I think you posted before, and others said it works fine. AFAIK it works fine for me as well.

I plug my phone into the usb and then I go to the tether option and enable it in the menu system of android.

Before I turn on the tether I make sure that the phone is showing that is connected to the computer. It shows up as a storage device on the computer before I turn on the tether.

With all 3 computer tries nothing happens after I enable tether I don't see anything on the computer so something's messed up.

Sc/ant864 10-28-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moovius (Post 2152861)
I plug my phone into the usb and then I go to the tether option and enable it in the menu system of android.

Before I turn on the tether I make sure that the phone is showing that is connected to the computer. It shows up as a storage device on the computer before I turn on the tether.

With all 3 computer tries nothing happens after I enable tether I don't see anything on the computer so something's messed up.

Does it show up in your network manager? Just like wifi & LAN you must enable through the network connection manager.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

arrrghhh 10-28-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moovius (Post 2152861)

lol.

So I just tried this. On my Win7 Home Premium laptop... First, I plug in the phone. I makes the noise that a new device was plugged in, and the ADB drivers are already installed so no new hardware installs in the system tray.

Then, I go thru the menus and enable USB tethering. Another few noises from the PC to indicate a device was removed and a new one added. This prompted a new driver install for Remote RNDIS device or some such thing.

Then it all went away - I was confused, as I didn't see any new icons in the system tray. So I disabled wifi. I'm still connected! Not sure what's up (I think this is something unique to my machine) because I can't open Network & Sharing Center from Control Panel. It's just 'hung'. But I'm certainly online, wifi is certainly disabled, and I checked with one of those 'what's my IP' websites, and it told me - I confirmed this was NOT the IP of my router/cable internet.

So it worked flawlessly for me, out of the box. I'm a little peeved that Network & Sharing Center wouldn't open, I wanted to investigate the connection. Should just list itself as another local connection, just like an ethernet cable was connected.

I don't know know what you're doing wrong, but it worked flawlessly for me out of the box. Well, it worked in the sense that it got me online without doing anything other than plugging it in and enabling it. Note, I did have an internet connection when it initially installed the drivers for the RNDIS interface. That might be key...

Edit - holy hell. That took ages, but the Network & Sharing Center eventually pulled its head out of its own bum. Now it's working, and the connection is indeed a "Local Area Connection" listed as "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing".

Perhaps you have some limited version of Windows...? I know Microsoft likes to do that, but I'm not aware of any particular limits on tethering or otherwise sharing internet connections...