PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android On TP2 Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=319)
-   -   [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=145756)

droesch 08-26-2011 03:29 PM

Re: [BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!

i meant to post this on the update radio firmware thread. trying to get my radio updated to the verizon version (I'm on sprint) to help with the signal drop in FRX07. I am having troubles getting the radio firmware to work.

veblen64 08-30-2011 04:35 AM

OK, I got it to boot to Android, but can't do anything in Android. The touch screen doesn't properly recognize my touch commands. I can't even slide the on-screen unlock button. I do manage to open a few menus by pressing hard buttons, but nothing I press in the menus is recognized. I was able to get the oncreen keyboard open with a Google search field, but the keys I press are way off -- touching in the far lower-right corner yields a "q" and that's about it. The hard keyboard works properly and displays the characters I press.

So it seems like a calibration problem, but I can't figure out how to open the calibration utility. Anyone else encounter this problem and/or know how to correct it?

Thanks.

cfioretti 08-30-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CYoung234 (Post 2130629)
Just a quick note of thanks to the developers and to arrrghhh for all of the help here. I have been able to get this up and running, and BT works with my Jawbone headset just fine. Voice Dialer seems to work as well, but I have not been able to test it out much yet. Battery life is still Mehhh, but not horrible. In Win-Mo, I can easily make it through an entire day; with Android, maybe 1/2 a day so far. Not completely sure why yet.

The battery drain is probably due to the green/amber light ALWAYS being on. The TP2's are notorious for having poor battery life and having a LED illuminated at all times takes a toll on the battery.

Any way to turn the light off??? I have searched, but found nothing at this point.

demonlordoftheround 08-30-2011 10:28 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.2; en-us; FROYO X GINGER CWM V3 Build/FROYO X GINGER CWM V3) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Currently the light is used as a debugging feature to tell when the device is awake or asleep.

JustusIV 08-30-2011 11:36 AM

Just throwing this out there. If i offend anyone i am sorry.
Would people be interested in this build with pre cooked in audio routing?
I know i would be. I used the audio routing on the fx06 and loved every minute. I know it creates some stability issues, but i would gladly trade the stability to have the features. It does seem nothing that causes stability issues makes it into the fx builds but if the demand is there why not. It could be clearly labeled and even called something different if need be.

arrrghhh 08-30-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veblen64 (Post 2141559)
OK, I got it to boot to Android, but can't do anything in Android. The touch screen doesn't properly recognize my touch commands. I can't even slide the on-screen unlock button. I do manage to open a few menus by pressing hard buttons, but nothing I press in the menus is recognized. I was able to get the oncreen keyboard open with a Google search field, but the keys I press are way off -- touching in the far lower-right corner yields a "q" and that's about it. The hard keyboard works properly and displays the characters I press.

So it seems like a calibration problem, but I can't figure out how to open the calibration utility. Anyone else encounter this problem and/or know how to correct it?

Thanks.

Read the first post, follow the manual calibration steps (part of step 4?) if the included ts-calibration file doesn't work for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cfioretti (Post 2141587)
The battery drain is probably due to the green/amber light ALWAYS being on. The TP2's are notorious for having poor battery life and having a LED illuminated at all times takes a toll on the battery.

Any way to turn the light off??? I have searched, but found nothing at this point.

If you think battery drain is caused by an LED, you're insane.

However, if you update to the newest kernel this has been 'fixed'. AFAIK it's now the default to let userland (Android) take over notifications on the LED, rather than indicating sleep state. Let me know if the newest kernel doesn't fix that for you, there *might* be some changes needed in the user.conf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustusIV (Post 2141610)
Just throwing this out there. If i offend anyone i am sorry.
Would people be interested in this build with pre cooked in audio routing?
I know i would be. I used the audio routing on the fx06 and loved every minute. I know it creates some stability issues, but i would gladly trade the stability to have the features. It does seem nothing that causes stability issues makes it into the fx builds but if the demand is there why not. It could be clearly labeled and even called something different if need be.

I'm certainly not offended, but the acoustic code is easily implemented into FRX07. The real issue arises when you think - what kernel should I use?

This is the reason I do not think pre-making a build with the acoustic stuff in is a bad idea. There are only a handful of .27 kernels that support the acoustic code, and the .35/.39 kernels require sacrifices like wifi and BT... Can't remember what else off the top of my head.

So really, that stuff is more for the experimental types. Again, all the code is out there for you and can be implemented into FRX07 with the same pain it was in 06 :p. The real question still goes back to which kernel will you use... Your choices become very limited.

lovingHDTV 08-31-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2141622)
However, if you update to the newest kernel this has been 'fixed'. AFAIK it's now the default to let userland (Android) take over notifications on the LED, rather than indicating sleep state. Let me know if the newest kernel doesn't fix that for you, there *might* be some changes needed in the user.conf.

How do I update to the newest kernel? Any pointers?

thanks,
dave

arrrghhh 08-31-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingHDTV (Post 2141877)
How do I update to the newest kernel? Any pointers?

thanks,
dave

It's in the first post but Incremental Updates will tell you all you could want.

lovingHDTV 08-31-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrrghhh (Post 2141879)
It's in the first post but Incremental Updates will tell you all you could want.

OK I installed the new rootfs-20110816 but it did not make any change to my indication LED.

I still get orange for running, and green for sleep.

ideas?

arrrghhh 08-31-2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovingHDTV (Post 2141882)
OK I installed the new rootfs-20110816 but it did not make any change to my indication LED.

I still get orange for running, and green for sleep.

ideas?

You asked how to update the kernel, yet you update the rootfs?

Please update to the newest kernel.