PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [BUILD] **Complete Froyo Bundle!!** FRX04 - "Stable"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacapee View Post
Does this has WisTilt2's battery fixes.

I'm guessing probably not but thought I'd ask anyway
Nope, this is on kernel 1253, and WisTilt2's battery fixes haven't been committed yet for a new kernel.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc touch pro
Carrier: Cricket

bugsyounot is just getting started

I installed this on my RHOD400 and it works great. Listening to Pandora right now (through the HTC-USB port) Thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 02:03 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thanks arrrghhh, finally a very stable FRX04 package
Seems very responsive even at stock speed. I ran Quadrant benchmark and got scores in the high 400's; the highest I got was 527... very close to Tiad8's FroyoX build. I'm using Zeam because Launcher2 is somewhat slow. Do you overclock yours at all?

Last edited by ndno; 02-13-2011 at 02:25 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:07 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Threadstarter

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Nope, this is on kernel 1253, and WisTilt2's battery fixes haven't been committed yet for a new kernel.
Indeed. WisTilt2 put his code forward, but I don't believe it's been accepted - haven't seen any new kernels at least. It does seem to need some ironing out for the 100 folk, and the FB timing is in need of tweaking as well it seems. In addition, RHOD is the only one it really benefits, as no other devices panel collapse has been worked on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Thanks arrrghhh, finally a very stable FRX04 package
Seems very responsive even at stock speed. I ran Quadrant benchmark and got scores in the high 400's; the highest I got was 527... very close to Tiad8's FroyoX build. I'm using Zeam because Launcher2 is somewhat slow. Do you overclock yours at all?
Glad you like it!

I go between 700mhz (692 something in reality...) and no OC usually - I find it is more responsive and friendlier to mutlitasking with the OC, but I also seem to get more hiccups and problems... I guess that's the tradeoff. Haven't really tried all the different levels - there are quite a few in fact if you wanted to go thru every iteration the proc is capable of .

Last edited by arrrghhh; 02-13-2011 at 02:10 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:30 AM
VIP Member

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmmm...everything works well but I ran into one problem. The hard call/send button (1st left button on the bottom) won't bring up the dialer. I was having the same issue in the package I put together and I thought it was my doing. It worked on the first boot but didn't anymore on succeeding boots. I must have set the send button to something else by accident. I wonder if it's something related to Zeam.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I'm a moron. Something is really wrong with my send button. If I press hard, it now works. Hmmm... it must have stuck.

Last edited by ndno; 02-13-2011 at 03:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Flexplorer is just getting started

i'm having trouble booting. stupid question; my phone is a t7379- that is a rhod 400, right?

i have no trouble booting froyo x or sense x, but this build won't get past the first boot screen with the scrolling letters, i've left it for about 45minutes. any suggestions?
Old 02-13-2011, 03:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexplorer View Post
i'm having trouble booting. stupid question; my phone is a t7379- that is a rhod 400, right?

i have no trouble booting froyo x or sense x, but this build won't get past the first boot screen with the scrolling letters, i've left it for about 45minutes. any suggestions?
Did you copy the STARTUP.TXT from frx04\STARTUPS\RHOD\RHOD400 to the top level? If you have the contents in a directory (like andboot) you have to add rel_path to the STARTUP.TXT.

Attached is mine; I have the contents under the "frx04" directory (which is the directory when you unzip the bundle) on my SD card. The one included in the package here is very small; mine has extra stuff on the "set cmdline" line (including camera stuff that won't affect anything).
Attached Files
File Type: txt startup.txt (372 Bytes, 60 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by ndno; 02-13-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Flexplorer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
Did you copy the STARTUP.TXT from frx04\STARTUPS\RHOD\RHOD400 to the top level? If you have the contents in a directory (like andboot) you have to add rel_path to the STARTUP.TXT.
i'm not using andboot, i've got everything on the root of the card& i did copy the 400 startup file to the top level. i'm doing something wrong because now i'm trying the gingerbread build with the same prob.

edit

I touched the screen & then it allowed me to calibrate the screen, & now it is finishing the boot! i just loaded gingerbread, but it will probly be the same on this frx04! i will report back.

edit again
i got it working now
on the first post arrr says to watch the boot screen & calibrate - no joke! WATCH the screen, my phone flickered past the calibrate screen, when I touched it, then it continued properly.

Last edited by Flexplorer; 02-13-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: revised info
Old 02-13-2011, 04:32 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexplorer View Post
i'm not using andboot, i've got everything on the root of the card& i did copy the 400 startup file to the top level. i'm doing something wrong because now i'm trying the gingerbread build with the same prob.

edit

I touched the screen & then it allowed me to calibrate the screen, & now it is finishing the boot! i just loaded gingerbread, but it will probly be the same on this frx04! i will report back.

edit again
i got it working now
on the first post arrr says to watch the boot screen & calibrate - no joke! WATCH the screen, my phone flickered past the calibrate screen, when I touched it, then it continued properly.
Glad it worked out for you! Yeah, I was using my ts-calibrate file I saved from a month ago. You should save yours and re-use it for future install setups. The one included with Tiad8 is inaccurate and is pretty bad.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: O2

robolots is a n00b

Does this work on a Rhod 100???
Loads of Rod 100 were having trouble with GSM on Froyo Red, but I would like to try this, but don't want to mess about if it is like Red and doesn't work on a Rhod 100!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development