PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2011, 02:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muziling View Post
No, not freeze, can not enter second level menu, first level menu can not execute too, your recovery.img file is 4178 KB? me is 4032KB, OK, you update the file on server ,I do test again now.
Can you give me your nbh file's md5sum?

Edit: Now boot into recovery, but there is error message, "E:Bad boot message", can not do any menu operation.
Edit2: OK now, need to use end call button to enter menu, not power button. now I boot into android. Doing test now.
lol

In LK: Powerbutton button enters recovery and endcall forces fastboot (incase u have a boot img)

In Recovery: Powerbutton toggles the text and Endcall is to select. Vol up and down to nav menu. Also the keyboard works. Arrows let u navigate and Enter is used to select.

ea870ff26c39fe25aae00f9db8024982 recovery.img
Old 05-20-2011, 02:53 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickelk View Post
I am getting the same problem. I can get into recovery and move the selector up/down, but I can't select anything to get to second level menus.

Im on a Sprint TP2
end call bro..
Old 05-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pro2
Carrier: asdwda

qwe123456 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Im on a vodafone TP2(rhod100)

but I can't get into recovery

error:Invaled boot image heador
error:Could not do normal boot.Reverting to fastboot
Old 05-20-2011, 03:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

when shutdown system in android with USB plug in, phone can not power up again, need to remove battery.

shell path not include /bin, so cp,grep and other commands can not be execute, maybe some modules which use system function to execute commands will fail.

when reboot, sometimes LK stop at, not press any key.
Quote:
fastboot_init()
udc_start()

Last edited by muziling; 05-20-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bickelk View Post
I did manage to select update from sdcard by using the end call button but it only seems to work about 10% of the time. I have to keep rebooting and trying it over and over before if finnally works once.
Last LK test I did (still need to give this one a whirl...) using the physical "Enter" key on the keyboard worked 100% of the time... I couldn't use the end key either last time.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
when shutdown system in android with USB plug in, phone can not power up again, need to remove battery.

shell path not include /bin, so cp,grep and other commands can not be execute, maybe some modules which use system function to execute commands will fail.

when reboot, sometimes LK stop at, not press any key.

When you shut down and usb plugged in it goes into charge mode. It still a little buggy but ive been able to charge at tmies. Needs to be worked out. Problem is it doesnt respond to the power and end call buttons like it should. normally it should just reboot back.

/bin is not supposed to be there. its legacy from haret code. Eventually it will all be removed. Once all the scripts are slaughtered like animals. No need for bin in my opinion. Install busybox from the market after installing Superuser apk. thats the true android way. Lmiller will make an update for this in the future for anyone who doesnt want to download it. Since the project is pure AOSP, im keeping it that way.

LK stops? this is new. So you do nothing and it stops? not even pressed any keys ?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2
Carrier: vodafone

crosstunez is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
need more details bro.. were u at least able to get into fastboot? did you flash the recovery ?
I flashed the recovery, i boot up once into the recovery.

I get this message all of the time
error:Invaled boot image heador
error:Could not do normal boot.Reverting to fastboot

It stops at
Quote:
fastboot_init()
udc_start()
Old 05-20-2011, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)
Carrier: CDMA

muziling is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
When you shut down and usb plugged in it goes into charge mode. It still a little buggy but ive been able to charge at tmies. Needs to be worked out. Problem is it doesnt respond to the power and end call buttons like it should. normally it should just reboot back.

/bin is not supposed to be there. its legacy from haret code. Eventually it will all be removed. Once all the scripts are slaughtered like animals. No need for bin in my opinion. Install busybox from the market after installing Superuser apk. thats the true android way. Lmiller will make an update for this in the future for anyone who doesnt want to download it. Since the project is pure AOSP, im keeping it that way.

LK stops? this is new. So you do nothing and it stops? not even pressed any keys ?
Yes ,not press any key, about 25% times stop at there, so strange.

wifi not work, can't connect to router.
camera still not work.
with patch, bluetooth seems work.
ifconfig -a, show an ethernet dummy0?

Hope next build can merge neweast xdandroid rootfs, which merged new ril ,that can avoid SoD etc.

Last edited by muziling; 05-20-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Cosmote / Orange RO

eu0741924381 is just getting started

rhod100

Flashed latest NBH and installed Recoveria via flashboot and i still can't get to recovey...
Old 05-20-2011, 12:42 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes ,not press any key, about 25% times stop at there, so strange.

wifi not work, can't connect to router.
camera still not work.
with patch, bluetooth seems work.
ifconfig -a, show an ethernet dummy0?

Hope next build can merge neweast xdandroid rootfs, which merged new ril ,that can avoid SoD etc.
I need more tests from you about the wifi. I have full wifi with the exact setup. Now you sure you are using the update.zip i have posted up?

Also wifi issues are usually because the txt file generated on startup isnt working. Look for /data/wifi-nvram.txt. Check the contents of that file and if it looks all garbled (not plain text) then removed it. This will be fixed on next build. Lmiller already made a patch for it. Eventually im hoping to move to the true android way of doing this using atags instead of these scripts.

Camera wont work for a while. Not really concerned with it right now. BT works? wow news to me. But ok.

New rill will come. No worries. We are just waiting for frx7 release.

Also have you tried over clocking? i never overclocked before so feedback is helpful here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development