PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhod 400)
Carrier: Sprint

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 12-11: Panel power off and on now working!

can you post the new rootfs please and everytime i hear it vibrate i see numbers for a few seconds then the screen just goes blank and never comes back on any thoughts?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
heck yea i'm running ubuntu 10.10. super nasty at that. but yea, trying to get the end buttong to home instead, didnt know i could just make up the file lol werd to the new rootfs dropping dlin now... get back to you on it asap

edit: gettin 404 at the file site brudda....

edit to edit: ahhhhh ha ha ha, "IS uploading"...... damn i'm a jumpy ass nerd haha
Yeah, sorry, slow Internet here at home. Used to have the 12 Mbit, but the promotion ended and had to drop back to the "economy" 1.5 Mbit connection...
Old 12-15-2010, 04:33 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr View Post
can you post the new rootfs please and everytime i hear it vibrate i see numbers for a few seconds then the screen just goes blank and never comes back on any thoughts?
New Rootfs is up now. Also, there is a new zImage/modules. I updated the first post to clean up some of the history and show just the more recent stuff. I'm also packaging the files from autobuild into a single zip and putting it in dropbox as an alternative for people (helps make the first post a little cleaner too).
Old 12-15-2010, 04:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

tpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartpdjr is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey nate with the new rootfs does that fix the screen automatically turning off at boot?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:39 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
hey nate with the new rootfs does that fix the screen automatically turning off at boot?
It's an attempt to enable brightness and pull in the updated files that tiad and ACL have been working on. What I changed should help with those who had graphics corruption more than panel init stuff. The changes that ACL made to the kernel today is what will help with the panel init.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker

one last thing even with the new rootfs i still need the put the gralloc, libgles and build.prop files on the root of the sd card right?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:51 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/22.401; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdjr
one last thing even with the new rootfs i still need the put the gralloc, libgles and build.prop files on the root of the sd card right?
optional. since we have no startup.txt, I added the code to roots as an option.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

hey where is the new rootfs and kernel nbh am i missing it? there already was a 12-15 build in the last builds or did you replace it?
Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
i just fixed this at the kernel level .. i will update tomorrow
Old 12-15-2010, 05:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

alright thx acl. Ya i just changed from haret to nand and i can tell you it is way better. i got a quick question if i put the gralloc, libgles, and build.prop on the root of the sd card is that all i have to do and im good? cuz it was different in haret.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development