PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

damage_them is keeping up the good workdamage_them is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I also wanted to remind everyone that a new ext2 is available from the main XDAndroid site in case you haven't updated (like me...). Here's a direct link: http://files.xdandroid.com/system-FRX02.ext2.zip
what are the updates in it?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Us Cellular

lioncat55 is keeping up the good worklioncat55 is keeping up the good work
Re: NAND Boot Testing - Auto-brightness Testing: 10-28. Automatic Keyboard Detection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
i second that
Old 10-29-2010, 02:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by damage_them View Post
According to the XDAndroid site:

Changes from FRX01 to FRX02

• The following bugs were fixed:
2 - Talk.apk missing 4 - Buttons cut off in the open call menu. 14 - Startup.txt file is incorrect 20 - OpenWnn IME selected by default
  • Google Apps updated to 20101020.1
  • Transitioned to hdpi graphics and fonts
  • Ambient light sensor and hardware auto brightness for RAPH and RHOD (WisTilt2)
  • Debug output for battery service emergency shutdowns (by request of camro)
  • Data roaming off by default (can be dangerous for international users) (emwe)
  • armv6j instruction support from cyanogenmod
Not sure what exactly is in the ext2, but usually they update apps and other bug fixes for Android itself. Usually the easy way to update those apps that require you remove them with root explorer and then install them.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Excellent. I took a little different approach. I had been trying to use cat /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant | grep -q RHOD50000 to return true, and it kept telling me file does not exist. Instead I created a variable in init called LAYOUT:

LAYOUT=`/bin/grep ".*0*" /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant`
and then did a if $LAYOUT="RHOD50000" elseif $LAYOUT="RHOD40000", etc.
Awesome dood. so for now we have an OFFICIAL nand rootfs. Thanks a lot..
Old 10-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Excellent. I took a little different approach. I had been trying to use cat /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant | grep -q RHOD50000 to return true, and it kept telling me file does not exist. Instead I created a variable in init called LAYOUT:

LAYOUT=`/bin/grep ".*0*" /sys/class/htc_hw/machine_variant`
and then did a if $LAYOUT="RHOD50000" elseif $LAYOUT="RHOD40000", etc.
Great job Nate! I think it's a good idea at least for now to have our own Rootfs... Do you want to add my code to set the LCDDensity?
I posted it here.

How is everyone's battery life with NAND? Mine seems to drain in only a couple of hours a lot faster then Haret...
Old 10-29-2010, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

fyi.. pushed some changes wistilt had.. autobl wasnt working still so i commented out once again.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

coolsilver is keeping up the good workcoolsilver is keeping up the good work
I have a 2150mah extended battery. I unplug around 8am and is dead probably about 5-6 pm. About a good 8 to 12 hours if I am not using it during the day. Yea I had a good 3 more hours with backlight powering down with haret.

Sent from my HTC Touch Pro 2 on Android with Tapatalk Pro.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Read the second post in this thread.

Can someone tell me whats the advantage of running this opposed to Reefermattness [CAB] version?

This would wipe the phone clean with the task29 and run android only correct? What advantages does this give.

Thanks guys

Old 10-29-2010, 02:32 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
fyi.. pushed some changes wistilt had.. autobl wasnt working still so i commented out once again.
With this build my backlight is no longer turning off...
Old 10-29-2010, 02:52 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmiller1708 View Post
With this build my backlight is no longer turning off...
Thats fine, but is it still lagging when blanking and unblanking ?

I was talking to wistilt today and we will have to use different code to get this working smoothly. No biggie.. i'll work on it this weekend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development