PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 04-06: FRX06 on NAND (Testing FRX06 now!)

it's still time, i can feel it... haha Just built n nbh with "new method", gonna flash the bitch n see if something doesnt blow up this time... BTW, up and running on .ext2 system w/ sqsh mods, got data all day long, but in n out. somtimes ip-up won't work i believe, gets stuck off. Working well snappy wise, still no root like frx05 didn't, matter of time...

Last edited by MassStash; 04-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Flashaholic!
Pocket PC: Vogue->(TP2/Incredible 2/ThunderBolt)
Carrier: Verizon

Lmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIPLmiller1708 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
it's still time, i can feel it... haha Just built n nbh with "new method", gonna flash the bitch n see if something doesnt blow up this time... BTW, up and running on .ext2 system w/ sqsh mods, got data all day long, but in n out. somtimes ip-up won't work i believe, gets stuck off. Working well snappy wise, still no root like frx05 didn't, matter of time...
How did the newmethod work? What is the size of your NBH?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

mangus580 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.0.24463/24.746; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Don't compare LEDs to Hare. The code is different on NAND, and I honestly can't remember what means what right now.
Is this listed someplace in this thread? I did not realize they were different...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangus580 View Post
Is this listed someplace in this thread? I did not realize they were different...
I think the LED changes are so old that they were in Wozzer's original thread somewhere, lol.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:45 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I think the LED changes are so old that they were in Wozzer's original thread somewhere, lol.
Well based on that... I will just assume the blink pattern I listed in the video a couple pages back is 'standard' sleep mode for this build....

Maybe you guys can confirm thats how yours looks when its sleeping.

Meanwhile... I will try to hunt down his thread sometime tonight...
Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Well based on that... I will just assume the blink pattern I listed in the video a couple pages back is 'standard' sleep mode for this build....

Maybe you guys can confirm thats how yours looks when its sleeping.

Meanwhile... I will try to hunt down his thread sometime tonight...
Why even worry about it? Kernel on NAND needs a lot of work, I'm sure it'll change when it's fixed.

Heck, the LED indicating sleep is temporary anyways - in theory if sleep is ever *completely* fixed, we can actually use it to notify of things and stuffs.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Why even worry about it? Kernel on NAND needs a lot of work, I'm sure it'll change when it's fixed.

Heck, the LED indicating sleep is temporary anyways - in theory if sleep is ever *completely* fixed, we can actually use it to notify of things and stuffs.
Exactly why I AM worrying about it. I am trying to help test and provide feedback. If I dont know what it means, how can I provide feedback?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:30 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Exactly why I AM worrying about it. I am trying to help test and provide feedback. If I dont know what it means, how can I provide feedback?
Devs already know about it, thanks. No need to report it again .
Old 04-08-2011, 04:40 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Devs already know about it, thanks. No need to report it again .
No offense here... Aside from what info I have posted, how exactly do the devs know what MY phone is doing?

All I am asking is to know what it means, and what the current expected (normal?) state is. I am trying to help as much as possible here, and not being a dev (well an android dev) myself, all I can do is provide feedback. Its possible that I have an app running thats causing it to not sleep properly, and I would assume an interaction and feedback like that could prove to be quite useful in understanding what may be causing any sleep issues in the end.

I have abandoned windows mobile totally. My phone (believe it or not) is MUCH more stable in android. I was running Haret, but it was sluggish, and I wasnt happy. Even with its flaws, I am reasonably happy with Nand, and am trying to do what I can to help improve it. If my help is not welcome, i will go back to the shadows and follow the thread from there....
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
No offense here... Aside from what info I have posted, how exactly do the devs know what MY phone is doing?

All I am asking is to know what it means, and what the current expected (normal?) state is. I am trying to help as much as possible here, and not being a dev (well an android dev) myself, all I can do is provide feedback. Its possible that I have an app running thats causing it to not sleep properly, and I would assume an interaction and feedback like that could prove to be quite useful in understanding what may be causing any sleep issues in the end.

I have abandoned windows mobile totally. My phone (believe it or not) is MUCH more stable in android. I was running Haret, but it was sluggish, and I wasnt happy. Even with its flaws, I am reasonably happy with Nand, and am trying to do what I can to help improve it. If my help is not welcome, i will go back to the shadows and follow the thread from there....
I'd encourage you to keep providing the kind of feedback you have been. It's much more helpful than the usual "it doesn't work" that we get around here a lot of the time.

I think arrrghhh is trying to keep a lot of the repetitive comments from adding more and more posts to the thread. Once we had full NAND, ACL had a backlog a mile long of stuff to fix up. Unfortunately, he's barely half way through that backlog, and he's got no one to help him with it. Right now, we know most of the things that aren't working compared with Haret, and it's just going to take some time to get more kernel changes incorporated to bring us current. At that point, serious bug testing and feedback will be crucial
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development