PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 03:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistazifta View Post
-thanks was gonna ask same thing^^^

-and just to make sure i understand, if we want to map our own keys we modify the navipad file and install it via advanced menu in recovery?

-with all the changes such as iff yes to my question above and the soon to be available switch to gsm ril via advanced recovery i believe the faq on page one is asking for an update lol if u guys r to busy with other sh1t then ask and i can try to write it up and have name insert it
I haven't had a chance to test this, but if we were to do it through the navipad, you would swap these two:

key 116 POWER WAKE
key 107 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

lol, some of this stuff like the navi_pad hasn't even been settled on or tested yet. If you want to write up FAQ stuff, please feel free and I'll put it up there. Not sure what you have in mind that is so out of date
Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
In the last build I have use install-req.sh to install android on NAND and tested keyboard again, seen model detected correctly by kernel and load correct keyboard map for it. Return to normal functionality

Still wait while charging using external charger done it job with my batt

About ril, I have create my androidupdate package include new ril & all app, data pre-configured to get phone ready to use right after install and its save a lots time!

Trying to compile latest busybox from source but still got error, any suggestion? I think it is required some more headers to build. I'm using LinuxMint (based on Ubuntu 10.10)

--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen
Busybox was a real pita for me to compile because it required a bunch of other stuff to compile too. Can't remember what I did when I did that.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I haven't had a chance to test this, but if we were to do it through the navipad, you would swap these two:

key 116 POWER WAKE
key 107 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED

lol, some of this stuff like the navi_pad hasn't even been settled on or tested yet. If you want to write up FAQ stuff, please feel free and I'll put it up there. Not sure what you have in mind that is so out of date
wasnt saying out of date just meant a little behind as u guys add new features right and left and keep reiterating old one all the time so im gonna go thru the thread again and try to c whats workin and whats not but heres an example of something that belongs there u wrote:
On first boot, hold Volume Up when prompted to get into recovery.
first of all u do u need to go into recovery? it seams to have installed fine directly on my rhod400.
second of all as mendion also before in big bold letters You can hold down the center of the screen to enter the recovery.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Yeah, touch & hold center screen is easiest way to go into recovery mode for now
I have never able to get into recovery by hold Vol Up (its always return GPIO unmapped key )

Thanks ACL, him has bring native android experience to us!

But still can not use recovery until ACL push a new build :P LOL
Old 03-25-2011, 05:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

No need to build busybox by myeself, just go to: Index of /downloads/binaries/latest and grab busybox-armv5l or busybox-armv6l
I've just tested and both work well on Android.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

With latest code from Git I can not pull battery out while connected with charger to insert SIM card!
I will go back to old stable kernel to use test new ril soon.
Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger2wander View Post
With latest code from Git I can not pull battery out while connected with charger to insert SIM card!
I will go back to old stable kernel to use test new ril soon.
make sure it shows its charging first as i had same problem yesterday when my battery died and i booted off my friends evo battery an took his out and it went off and i realzied there was something wrong with my charger so plugged into usb
Old 03-25-2011, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I has that problem before and always make sure charger icon present on the notification bar. May be my cable has some problem and its sometime disconnected randomly :P
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Everyone has their own opinion of how the buttons should be mapped out, but you will each have to modify arch/arm/mach-msm/msm-gpio-keys.c to change certain functions. This is why we were saying it would be much better to find a way to map/remap all of the buttons from userland.

That being said, unless you want to modify the kernel, you'll just have to wait for an updated recovery from ACL. Any chance we can get recovery on a git?
Well, I know *some* c++ so I am sure I can modify that, is there a way to put those modifications online and some service compile them for me? I have Ubuntu and Debian on my VM at home, what libraries do I need to download to compile these? Is there a wiki I can check it out?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

chunnel is just getting started

I have run the port via haret from the Project Android thread. That appears dead at this point. However, without Bluetooth capability this is not practical for me. Neither thread seems to have that working. So, do you see that as a possibility? Or has everyone given up on that working?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development