PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 02:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I've got a rhod500 as well, and this setup works great. It is already rooted as well, so don't have to worry about that
hey nate.. i didnt test this at all but i did implement the sdcard loop wait for the recovery. pain in the ass to restore and lose the modules .. so im still trying to master mind a way around that.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: Telus

T_D_H is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

new install method WORKS! now if only I could use my other phone with android with a sim card haha, thanks alot! joys of having multiple phones, if only this could go on my lg IQ with the snapdragon and bad ass camera...
Old 03-22-2011, 03:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

acl, good work brudda; sdcard back in business own roll stylee

can't wait til we get to gps... duh duh duuuuuuh.....

also, still curious bout ls not being alphabetical...

Last edited by MassStash; 03-22-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: vodafone

shatred is a n00b

how far is gsm nand development?
any stuff you want me to test?
i got an rhodium-100 gsm
Old 03-22-2011, 08:49 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatred View Post
how far is gsm nand development?
any stuff you want me to test?
i got an rhodium-100 gsm
I think 100 is the last device on the list. But we are too behind on it for you to test anything. sorry.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
hey nate.. i didnt test this at all but i did implement the sdcard loop wait for the recovery. pain in the ass to restore and lose the modules .. so im still trying to master mind a way around that.
What about something like this?

tar -cvzf /cache/modules.tgz /data/modules/
/bin/flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd3 > /dev/null
/bin/mount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /data > /dev/null
tar -xzf /cache/modules.tgz -C /data
Old 03-22-2011, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
acl, good work brudda; sdcard back in business own roll stylee

can't wait til we get to gps... duh duh duuuuuuh.....

also, still curious bout ls not being alphabetical...
GPS works flawlessly on my phone. Takes about 2 minutes to get the initial lock, but after that, it's great.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
GPS works flawlessly on my phone. Takes about 2 minutes to get the initial lock, but after that, it's great.
Perhaps he means the XTRA interface or the 'warm-boot' injection...?

Those would be nice, but it seems like they're going to be difficult as they're undocumented.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
What about something like this?

tar -cvzf /cache/modules.tgz /data/modules/
/bin/flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd3 > /dev/null
/bin/mount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /data > /dev/null
tar -xzf /cache/modules.tgz -C /data
i ran my first test yesterday to restructure the modules path. I tried to port over sqsh4 so i can try the other method but the patch is too massive. So ill try to night with yaffs2 instead. If it works, then we will just do as you said and copy them over to system and mount looping them. This way we can wipe data all we want and not loose anything. Only thing we need to make sure is that people wipe their old modules or else system will just baloon up.

Also because the recovery is only 8mb, we will only have room for 1 extra kernel in there.. ohh well.. better than nothing
Old 03-22-2011, 01:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
i ran my first test yesterday to restructure the modules path. I tried to port over sqsh4 so i can try the other method but the patch is too massive. So ill try to night with yaffs2 instead. If it works, then we will just do as you said and copy them over to system and mount looping them. This way we can wipe data all we want and not loose anything. Only thing we need to make sure is that people wipe their old modules or else system will just baloon up.

Also because the recovery is only 8mb, we will only have room for 1 extra kernel in there.. ohh well.. better than nothing
Couple of easy fixes there. We can make recovery 16 MB or something larger if you'd like. It can come from cache or from data.

For modules, I think very very few people will be wanting to hold onto their old kernel once they upgrade, but if they do, we could require a sd card for that. Just move them into a tgz on the sd card using the old uname as the name so that the kernel can grab its appropriate modules

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development