PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
so with the sdcard BS, we're at what exactly? Testing those ideas?

Acl, fn no worky in boot code, so wuah wuah to that one.... annnnnd, what's good with terminal in recovery? Eh eh? Dat'd be pretty shweet, specially with green font, idk...

Also, I'll reiterate = !@#$%^&*()+=-_£€\/'";>. My keyboard fn shiznit is workin business stylee.... nothin tweaked in install-seq either, straight from bootenv

Sent from my sdcard hanicapped MassStashed kustomkookedkernel of nandroid (woot mute button endcall)
So, FN not working in the boot code is because we don't have the character maps being injected into recovery like it is being injected into system. Pretty quick and easy fix.

For sdcard, it's because we are exporting EXTERNAL_STORAGE as /mnt/sdcard and then trying to symlink /mnt/sdcard with /sdcard. It fails because /sdcard already exists. ACL gave a couple of options which we will have to look at. Personally, I think we just create a different folder name in initrd like /sdc1 so that Android can have at /sdcard.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
The export is new then I suspect? N what is the purpose of now exporting /mnt/sdcard instead?

Sent from my sdcard hanicapped MassStashed kustomkookedkernel of nandroid (woot mute button endcall)

Last edited by MassStash; 03-21-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
The export is new then I suspect? N what is the purpose of now exporting /mnt/sdcard instead?

The idea is to fix the issue with App2SD and other apps that save to sdcard. I guess AOSP puts it at /mnt/sdcard, and we all want to follow that.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
So, FN not working in the boot code is because we don't have the character maps being injected into recovery like it is being injected into system. Pretty quick and easy fix.

For sdcard, it's because we are exporting EXTERNAL_STORAGE as /mnt/sdcard and then trying to symlink /mnt/sdcard with /sdcard. It fails because /sdcard already exists. ACL gave a couple of options which we will have to look at. Personally, I think we just create a different folder name in initrd like /sdc1 so that Android can have at /sdcard.
I'm working on this right now actually. /sdcard is only for backwards compatibility and thats why its a symlink.

This link explains it better than i ever could

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...-or-mntsdcard/

Edit: alternate option is to go back to the way it was. But some apks were bitching about it and this is why i ventured into this.

Edit2: Ok fixed.. we need to mod the initrd to remove /sdcard before android starts. easy 1 line fix.

But there are 2 fixes in android (it shold be one). I'm not sure why we have 2 files for vold there should only be one. But to be safe i modded both. /system/etc/vold.conf has /sdcard in there as the path which needs to be modded to /mnt/sdcard. Same goes for vold.fstab

once this is done, restart and boom sdcard back to action. I'm going to upload a new android shorty.. hopefully for a last time cuz im hoping nate will be able to embed the reocvery in the nhb so we can being useing the updates for these simple fixes ..

anything else i should look into before i pass out?

Last edited by [ACL]; 03-21-2011 at 09:22 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: NAND Boot Testing - 03-11: FRX05 on NAND (data working again!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
But there are 2 fixes in android (it shold be one). I'm not sure why we have 2 files for vold there should only be one. But to be safe i modded both. /system/etc/vold.conf has /sdcard in there as the path which needs to be modded to /mnt/sdcard. Same goes for vold.fstab
IMO, vold.fstab look like linux's custom board config (native linux is /etc/fstab) and /system/etc/vold.conf one is for android's linux :P

--
Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen
Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Acl, Nah man, I think you got it for tonight brudda

Tiger, yea they prolly are very simliar seeing that android is a LINUX distro..... if you can figure out how to mess with the android one, that'd be great

Last edited by MassStash; 03-22-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:40 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Sounds great. Just curious on this, why don't we just cp the modules into system instead of symlinking from data? I think the issues we were having before probably had to do with mounting system as ro before android started.
i think originally it was because of size. Modules are big so we put them in data. Also because if we copy them and upgrade a kernel, we will overwrite the original ones. and cant revert. And if we keep coping with multiple kernel support then we balloon up system.

Or we can go the cyanogen route and mount em compressed as files.

Code:
# Mount compressed filesystems
mount squashfs loop@/system/lib/modules/modules.sqf /syste/lib/modules ro

mount squashfs loop@/system/xbin/xbin.sqf /system/xbin ro
However they have sqsh4 support on their kernel and we only have 3. So making them is a bitch. But can be done. Good news with this is that deploying modules is a breeze since its just one file we need to read during boot. The above line gets added to the rc file and voila, modules are solid. He even mounts his busybox that way. lol.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: Telus

T_D_H is a n00b

RHOD500 with latest build, still un able to wifi scan, what do I need for the older build to get that working? im unsure which files I should be flashing with as re flashing gets time consuming
Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_D_H View Post
RHOD500 with latest build, still un able to wifi scan, what do I need for the older build to get that working? im unsure which files I should be flashing with as re flashing gets time consuming
since it works for everyone else and their mother. Cant help you. But i have good news, im uploading a new build shortly so just wait till thats done.

Remember you shouldnt have to do anything to get stuff working. Thats the kind of bugs we are trying to squish. If you actually had to dive into adb to get something done, then that's a bug.

So maybe in 20 mins or so everything should be ready.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

ready n waitin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development