PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 02:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NAND Boot Testing - 01-07: Panel power on/off fixes

noobazz mistake for his forum mang....
Old 02-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

yaboc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassStash View Post
noobazz mistake for his forum mang....
i know
Old 02-28-2011, 04:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Sounds good .. lets see what u got. I talked to stine on fri but he had nothing to say. I'm really drifting away from the kernel development so i need to tend to it right away. I'll try to commit the KB detection tonight but i'll prob wait until i see your changes.

I'm thinking of commiting the sysinit.rc to a new branch since that is pretty much where all the android work happens.
Well, I'm having a weird boot cycle issue I haven't figured out quite yet. I'm going to pull down the latest androidinstall.tgz you have up there, touch that up with the new files, and try again tomorrow. It might also have to do with switching the init.android to the one from our rootfs instead of the one from vogue's tinboot. That's what I get for making 15 changes at once and then testing instead of checking after each change
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

drats, that's tricky. Well spit somethin out I can test, I got time to work on this today! haha going to shovel a couple accounts right quick, then to the o' drawin' board....
Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Well, I'm having a weird boot cycle issue I haven't figured out quite yet. I'm going to pull down the latest androidinstall.tgz you have up there, touch that up with the new files, and try again tomorrow. It might also have to do with switching the init.android to the one from our rootfs instead of the one from vogue's tinboot. That's what I get for making 15 changes at once and then testing instead of checking after each change
Ahh yes. let me know how that goes. I havent compared the init.androids but there must be some differences. Also think about this. If this is build specific, we can symlink it to the build itself so we dont have to update it in the initrd.

I'll update the install script tonight so you can see the auto kb detection mechanisms.

edit: also some of the nand code is getting moved over to haret and coming back with updates.lol. So i'll be updating the kernel as well.

Last edited by [ACL]; 02-28-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ahh yes. let me know how that goes. I havent compared the init.androids but there must be some differences. Also think about this. If this is build specific, we can symlink it to the build itself so we dont have to update it in the initrd.

I'll update the install script tonight so you can see the auto kb detection mechanisms.

edit: also some of the nand code is getting moved over to haret and coming back with updates.lol. So i'll be updating the kernel as well.
I really like the idea of symlinking it. I won't get to play with this at all really tonight, but tomorrow I only work a half day, so I will have a bit more time to play with this. Also, there are a few settings in sysinit.rc that I am curious about, but maybe we can save that for a later time

Edit: An example of what I mean is, I see we commented out the portions dealing with /cache. For educational value, I'm curious why we would remove that.

Last edited by natemcnutty; 02-28-2011 at 09:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:51 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
I really like the idea of symlinking it. I won't get to play with this at all really tonight, but tomorrow I only work a half day, so I will have a bit more time to play with this. Also, there are a few settings in sysinit.rc that I am curious about, but maybe we can save that for a later time

Edit: An example of what I mean is, I see we commented out the portions dealing with /cache. For educational value, I'm curious why we would remove that.
Ahh yes. We commented out /cache since it requires a partition we dont have.

I guess normal android devices have a partition on nand just for this .

Code:
#mount yaffs2 mtd@cache /cache nosuid nodev
Also i commented it out since dzo apparently does it on the initrd.

Code:
mkdir -p -m 0777 /data/tmpcache
ln -s /data/tmpcache /cache
I guess the above should be moved out of initrd and moved into android to comply with future builds.. Good call.. must add it to the task list..
Old 03-01-2011, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

First off, thanks to you guys who are way smarter then me. I've been following this thread since day one. Anyway, I have spent the last couple of hours running on NAND!!!

It took me a few tries to get up and running. The install-seq.sh file was not mentioned in the frst post. But once I moved that over, all was well. I'm using the files from the 23rd.

Most aspects are working just fine. I have a 400 model on Sprint, and data is not working over the Sprint network. I am getting texts and the phone works. Wifi works great though. A reboot worked fine.

I'm ready to continue testing as required. Booting off NAND was awesome! I can't wait till data is working and all current mods are incorporated into NAND.

Let me know if anyone needs testing done or a custom rom tested for them.

Steve
Old 03-01-2011, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
First off, thanks to you guys who are way smarter then me. I've been following this thread since day one. Anyway, I have spent the last couple of hours running on NAND!!!

It took me a few tries to get up and running. The install-seq.sh file was not mentioned in the frst post. But once I moved that over, all was well. I'm using the files from the 23rd.

Most aspects are working just fine. I have a 400 model on Sprint, and data is not working over the Sprint network. I am getting texts and the phone works. Wifi works great though. A reboot worked fine.

I'm ready to continue testing as required. Booting off NAND was awesome! I can't wait till data is working and all current mods are incorporated into NAND.

Let me know if anyone needs testing done or a custom rom tested for them.

Steve
hey steve i know im going to sound stupid and all but did u set up an apn that says sprint and #777 cuz without it aint no sprint user gettin data almost everyone knows it if they used tiad8's roms or anything that boots thru haret console basically

Old 03-01-2011, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint Touch Pro2, att iPhone 4
Carrier: at&t on both

vistazifta is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vistazifta Send a message via Yahoo to vistazifta Send a message via Skype™ to vistazifta

and now for my stupid question being that im using a sprint branded rhod400 unlocked to gsm and i have to change cdma=1 to cdma=0 so gsm will work i probably have to compile a new tiboot right and if so can i just dump it into the nbh that has everything else already

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2 > Android On TP2 Development