PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: How You Want Your Upgrade?
OTA - You want to use Over-The-Air to upgrade your Android to 2.1 27 60.00%
PC - You want to use your PC to upgrade your Android to 2.1 18 40.00%
In Store - You'd rather make someone else responsible for upgrading to 2.1 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2010, 10:30 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How Would You Like Your Upgrade

With Android 2.1 supposedly around the corner for both the Samsung Moment and HTC Hero, how would you rather this update be done?

OTA - Over the air, maybe using Android Update on our phone to put the latest on it

PC - Downloading the upgrade to your computer, connecting the phone and running an installer

In-Store - Taking your phone to the nearest Sprint service department and having one of their well trained techs updating the phone for you

Let's face it, if it's going to be In-Store they're probably going to use one of two methods, OTA or PC.

I myself would like to do OTA or PC because I don't want to take my phone in the store to upgrade it... is it because I don't like the service store here or trust the techs? Probably
Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, Palm Treo Pr, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bertman285 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bertman285 Send a message via Yahoo to bertman285
Re: How Would You Like Your Upgrade

I'm for the PC. I can do it myself don't need the tech.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I flashed the CL14 update, the new modem and a custom kernel myself... so I think I can be trusted with a simple OS update...
Old 02-27-2010, 01:06 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Art imitating life or Sprint imitating PPCGeeks?

http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm..._phones/moment
Old 03-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Daimond and Omnia
Carrier: World

am776 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to am776

Using PC is the best way .
Old 03-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I use a custom GSM ROM on my Nexus One and it has an OTA updater. Let me tell you, its so easy a caveman could do it! Let it download the update (usually over WiFi), it'll tell you it needs to reboot to do it, and it does the rest.

Not sure if your 2.1 upgrade will be that easy, but this is so much better than upgrading ROMs on WM!
Old 04-01-2010, 12:13 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I hope it is OTA as well. I don't know if I want it until it is rooted, but either way I hope for OTA since it is easy. My Pre updated smooth as silk (milk) over wifi.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OTA is awesome and great for Noobs IMO as well

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I would like a hot and sexy suggestive woman to come to my door and ask me if she could flash my unit.

Do you think that's too much?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
domo arigato mr roboto
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

I would like a hot and sexy suggestive woman to come to my door and ask me if she could flash my unit.

Do you think that's too much?
Nah, that shouldn't take long

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Development