PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 02:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[How to]Easy Guide to install custom icons in HTC Sense using Folder Organizer lite.

The following is a quick tutorial on how to install custom icons on your Android device. For the purposes of this guide, I will focus on HTC devices. Folder Organizer lite is free and found in the market. The app is fantastic and has many features included.
https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

So let’s get to it, nice and simple:
  1. Install Folder Organizer lite from the market.
  2. Visit this site to find a vast amount of custom icons: [Collection] ICON SETS | Over *700* different Icon Packs [INDEX on 2nd post] - xda-developers
  3. Find an icon pack that you like and download/transfer it to your sd card.
  4. Open Folder Organizer from the App menu and select Apps which will bring up your list of installed applications.
  5. Tap the arrow tab on the right side, select icon you want to customize and then select Android Image Gallery.
  6. Find the icon album in your htc album which comes up and open.
  7. Select the custom icon image you wish to swap out. You can do this for all of your apps while in Folder Organizer or one by one if you like. I usually just go through and assign as many custom icons as I can.
  8. Once completed, close out of Folder Organizer and return to your home screen panel.
  9. Tap and hold the screen and select Shortcut.
  10. Select FO Item-Folder Organizer and then select Apps.
  11. Select the app you would like to add to the homescreen with your new custom icon! Done
I find that some label names are too long and look bad on the homescreen. So you can change them as well before adding the custom icon to a panel in Sense. Here’s a quick guide:
  1. Open Folder Organizer, Select Apps and the arrow on the right side again.
  2. Select Rename to change the name. done.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Have fun with your new custom icons!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-30_15-29-09.jpg (299.7 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Riley; 02-13-2012 at 02:32 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games