PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Need Android DLNA Player

I have a Netgear router that supports a USB hard drive and has a built-in media server service that uses DLNA.

I believe Samsung phones come with AllShare which I know lets you use DLNA to stream stuff FROM your phone (and it might to the other way, I don't remember).

I'm looking for an app, free or paid, that lets you stream music/video/etc TO your phone from the media server.

I have the HTC Nexus One.

Any ideas? I found one in the Market but it looks like it only did music. I'm more interested in video.
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need Android DLNA Player

List of UPnP AV media servers and clients - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-06-2011, 09:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba

I have the WNDR3700v2 with a Droid X2. The built in DLNA app plays media directly from the USB drive attached to the router....
Old 06-06-2011, 11:32 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I'm guessing Playon would work, have you tried it. Router, hard drive, media server, No PC?
Old 01-31-2013, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy sIII
Carrier: At&T

KAvee is a n00b

Have you tried ArkMC.It works pretty good on my device and lots of features which other DLNA apps give.Give it a try Mate.PlayStore
Old 02-23-2013, 02:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Google Display Network
Carrier: lennondevid

lennondevid is a n00b

As per the DLNA player concern i am preferred with MediaHouse UPnP/DLNA browser. This is best app for you that run on media server and enjoy music,videos,movies and pictures from your smartphone. This is obviously well work on HTC Nexus ONE because i am also using it on HTC Nexus ONE.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games