PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: [request] kill apps and leave killed

went from omj 1.4 to sprint lovers that lets you uninstall all sprint crap, and i did. went off suggestions to remove all app killer apps and went from full charge at 7 am to 40% at 11am, reinstalled advanced task killer, set auto kill to crazy for every 1/2 hour and was at 31% come 3pm. waiting for omj to download to 1.6 and flash that and start a fresh try. Android needs a new way to multitask cuz this ISH sucks.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Are you removing the apps you don't want through a Terminal Emulator or Shell or what? I am just curious because I do not have this problem at all.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

quick un-installer. As long as I run advanced task killer to shut things off every half hour, i get good batt life. It's the apps that are still left on phone that start on their own.

Really............ Apps start on their own. Rooted, Nand unlocked, diff roms, doesn't matter, they start on their own. Until there is a tru way of just starting phone and going with it and not having to have and app that shuts down the apps that start on their own................ Geeeez.................... Do I really need google talk, clock, msg, voicemail, fm radio, sprint nav (cuz when using pandora the nav talks while playing music and updates if i go off route longer than 10 minutes instead of shutting off pandora to play voice prompt like google nav), news, music (no files to play), calender, voice dialer, qik, youtube, footprints, gmail, pandora (didn't launch) voicemail, and the list can go on..... I can have all these functions work on a windows mobile device and last all day. with android I have to kill them every half hour for them to still work and get a half day use from phone, if I don't I will only get 4 hours use of phone without making any calls. I dont want them to start if I didn't start them, and why should I have an app that kills them? They shouldn't be on to be killed. I get 60% used in batt without auto kill in 4 hours and 9% batt used with auto killer in an other 4 hours without ever plugging into a charger.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Well apps like Messaging, Email etc usually open up because if you are killing them constantly they don't receive. I know that was a problem a while back with texting and task killers, if you don't ignore that app you might not receive the texts right when they come in. As far as Nav, FM Radio, Qik etc....I don't use those, so I don't have them on my phone. Sometimes things have to start to function properly on Android, that is just how it is. The only things open on my phone right now, and I haven't killed anything since 10pm or so are Dolphin Browser (because I opened it and didn't exit), VM, Handcent, Market (because I downloaded MicDroid like an hour or two ago), MicDroid, and Gmail and I have no issues with slow performance or battery issues. Like I said, I also don't have a lot of what you have because I don't use it, although I do have a lot of other things.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

just having an issue with how android works then. sms/mms and gmail always came instantly on my wm device and never had to have an app running to get them (activesync which ment net was always on, but hell, net was always on anyway) they just came. i have a few things on the ignore list but the rest don't need to start on their own. I have seen it pop up that 172 apps killed and I didn't open any of them. text should come period. Email should come, period (especially since it is a google phone) and nothing should start on it's own. This just sucks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games