PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recommended calendar application

Did a search first...

I'm looking for a better calendar application than the stock Sprint/HTC/Android one provided. It doesn't let you schedule stuff for every other week, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269
Re: Recommended calendar application

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
Did a search first...

I'm looking for a better calendar application than the stock Sprint/HTC/Android one provided. It doesn't let you schedule stuff for every other week, etc.

thanks in advance.
i was able to schedule re-occuring events. add a event and scroll to the bottom of your options 'repetition'

Last edited by tool2269; 06-09-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool2269 View Post
i was able to schedule re-occuring events. add a event and scroll to the bottom of your options 'repetition'

the "repititon" options are very limited. It doesn't allow me to schedule sometihng for every OTHER week as opposed to once a week, once a month, once a year, etc. There is no way to select a "pattern" for the event to repeat.

For exmple, I have a meeting every other week but not every week, that option or the ability to change the repeating pattern is missing.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

I use Google calendar to schedule every other week, 3rd week, etc. appointments and sync them to my phone. As far as an in phone app, I haven't found one yet that can do anything other than every week/month on repetition.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoungeLizard View Post
I use Google calendar to schedule every other week, 3rd week, etc. appointments and sync them to my phone. As far as an in phone app, I haven't found one yet that can do anything other than every week/month on repetition.
This only works if you have access to Google Calendars, my internet connection through my work ISP blocks google.

Figured something out. Events that were made in Google Calendar and synced with the phone show up as "custom" reptitions and can't be edited. Yet, in the mobile widget there is NO choice for a "custom" repeat.

This is dumb. Why offer something in the web version that doesn't exist in the app version? Very dumb.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:29 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
This only works if you have access to Google Calendars, my internet connection through my work ISP blocks google.

Figured something out. Events that were made in Google Calendar and synced with the phone show up as "custom" reptitions and can't be edited. Yet, in the mobile widget there is NO choice for a "custom" repeat.

This is dumb. Why offer something in the web version that doesn't exist in the app version? Very dumb.
It might be a Sense thing. I remember when the Sense calendar modifications came out with Sense 2.5 for WM and we lost a lot of repeating options.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch Pro 2

Nolacenturion is a n00b

I noticed the same problem. For me, my "work-around" involved the use of my TP2. Since I have more than one phone, I kept the TP2 active after I bought my EVO. WM allows you to set a wide variety of repetitions thru the Outlook Calendar function. Once set through Outlook, it syncs up through Exchange, and my appointment for every other Wednesday is in my EVO as well as my TP2. Sure would like to see that fixed in the HTC Calendar or at least in an APP. Till then, I just use the TP2 to add appts. By the way, it works better for Contacts as well.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

For things that have crazy repeating, just set it up on the Google Calendar on your PC/Mac. I doubt most people have a lot of these that they have to edit frequently. Google Calendar offers most of the same options WM does. Just select Monthly, Weekly, Yearly, etc, and you can select how many months, weeks, years, etc between appts.

The only one I can't figure out how to do is WM's ability to do "third Thursday in November" or things like that.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Did a search first...

thanks in advance.
Try Gemini Calender in the Market
Old 06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to Android Apps and Games

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games