PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

hammer1320 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
google voice???

I was wondering what the deal was with google voice? I have the app, I believe that it assigned me a google number, I go into settings> call settings and it gives me the choice between carrier voice mail or google voice. I hit google voice and it takes me to a screen that says that I need carrier configuration and to dial *716145229466. I hit the blue link that has the number and it beeps twice and hangs up. Now if u call my number, it sais this is not a valid number????

Of anybody has seen this or had this problem, please help. Its killing me. Lol! Thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla
Re: google voice???

Moved to Android Apps Discussion
Old 05-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

you need to set your account up. google voice is basically free calling, but you can leave text and voicemails, plus so much more .
Old 05-21-2010, 10:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g
Carrier: Sprint

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

I'm getting ready to buy the EVO when it comes out but I wanted to set up my google voice now but it says that it's by invite only? When I get my EVO and it's activated though Sprint will that automatically give me a GV number? I'm just kinda confused by this and any help is appreciated!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by srk468 View Post
I'm getting ready to buy the EVO when it comes out but I wanted to set up my google voice now but it says that it's by invite only? When I get my EVO and it's activated though Sprint will that automatically give me a GV number? I'm just kinda confused by this and any help is appreciated!
Google Voice is similar to other Google betas like Gmail. You must be invited by a user of the service before you can use it yourself. You will not get one automatically with your Evo.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Google Voice is similar to other Google betas like Gmail. You must be invited by a user of the service before you can use it yourself. You will not get one automatically with your Evo.
Next question, can someone "pretty please with sugar on top" send me an invite to srk468@gmail.com? Thanks for the help guys and if I'm out of line asking for an invite I apologize......
Old 05-21-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

I'm also looking for a GV invite. If anyone has a spare to offer, please PM me for the e-mail.

Thank you.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

hammer1320 is a n00b

I never got an invite. I have no clue how I could have at least. I went to google.com/voice and signed in with my gmail, made a number and it works awsome now.

BTW, I found what my original problem was. You have to be either on a desktop computer or set your mobile browser to desktop mode to activate. The mobile website dosnt have the clickable icon to make it work and I was doing it all through my phone.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

*king* is becoming a great contributor

I had freinds that were tired of waiting for a invite so i bought 3 on ebay for 3 bux(each), went to buy one just now and they are up to 9 bux
Old 05-24-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup
Carrier: Verizon

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

if you have a student email acount that ends in .edu you can get a free set up with this link http://www.google.com/googlevoice/students.html I did and it is suposed to be sent within 24 hours

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games