PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My top list of apps (with links and descriptions)

ddddddd

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 08-24-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for this list. When my Nexus One comes in, how can I root it? Its is difficult to do?
Old 01-30-2010, 04:24 AM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It wasnt difficult on the MotoDroid, I would assume the same is true for the Nexus1, but I'm not absolutely sure.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

I really didn't want to root my nexus but certain programs only work with rooted phones so I will look into it today. The only reason I really want to root is because I want wifi tethering. I will probably root my girls hero 1st so I can giveher android 2.1
Google is the next skynet
Old 01-30-2010, 11:43 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Do you have wifi tethering on your Droid? What apk do I install to get wifi tethering after I root my phone?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:50 PM
That guy with the axe
Threadstarter

ddddd

Last edited by breakmyfootoff; 08-24-2011 at 02:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

You HAVE to root if you can It is the first thing I did with my Moment, Droid and now Hero....Just jump right in
Old 01-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
You HAVE to root if you can It is the first thing I did with my Moment, Droid and now Hero....Just jump right in
after reading the reviews of rooting, alot of them aren't needed for the nexus. For instance alot of people root to overclock but that isn't needed with the snapdragon. The only reason i really want to root is for wireless tethering but i think i will hold off. There is no way to un root the nexus at this time so i think i will wait for that process 1st. So if it does void my warranty i don't want to mess around.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
i am interested in rooting my girls hero, if i root her hero will it be easy to upgrade it to android 2.1, thats the reason i want to root hers? where would i start if i wanted a clean hero sprint rom just with android 2.1?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i am interested in rooting my girls hero, if i root her hero will it be easy to upgrade it to android 2.1, thats the reason i want to root hers? where would i start if i wanted a clean hero sprint rom just with android 2.1?
There are no fully working 2.1 roms right now. If you dont want to root for any other purpose, i would just wait.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Apps & Games