Thread: Custon ROM GPS
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Eschelon
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custon ROM GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by waly01 View Post
Sorry for the new post - but does anyone know how to get the GPS working on these custom roms?

I've switched the GPS setting to Location on and I've manually changed the baud rate to 57600 in Com8 in google maps and all that happens is it'll say "lSeeking GPS Satellites 479084416" for about 4-5 minutes then I get a pop up about weak GPS signal.

Did i miss a step?

Oh - I'm currently using Blazingwolf's 6.5 rom.
The only two steps necessary after unlocking the GPS is to:

1) Go into Settings -> Personal -> Phone -> Services Tab -> Gps (then click change setting) -> Change to "Location on" and accept the disclaimer. Soft reset

2) Set the COM and Baud settings to 8 and 57600 respectively (although this doesn't seem to be necessary for everyone)

If you've done both of these already, then repeat step 1 by switching back to "911 only" then soft resetting, then switching back to "Location on" and then soft resetting again

Then remember that, since we don't have a-GPS yet, you usually need to sit outside for your first lock and it may take several minutes/tries to get one. So once completeing the steps above, bring a chair outside on a nice clear sunny day and turn on Google Maps, then sit and wait for a few minutes til you get a lock

Last edited by Eschelon; 06-22-2009 at 03:11 PM.