View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 07:56 PM
appzattak
Halfway to VIP Status

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak
Question Signal and Cooked ROMs

This is a general question. I've tried almost all the ROMs on this site, and with each one I have had this issue. When I go to access the Internet via ANY application, it seems to struggle, by that I mean the Icons that show connectivity do there animations and eventually the Ev turns to 1x, then I am usually able to get access to what I wanted. Now my Mogul never did this. I know I'm in a Great coverage area for Sprint on their EVDO Network (Inland Empire, So Cal).

So is this a ROM issue, perhaps with the icons just being misleading?? Or a Radio issue, I've tried both the ones here that are sprint as well as the Telus, and am now using the new verizon. All do the same thing. I know it's possible even Sprint made a change in my area, although I do a lot of traveling in my area and it is consistent no matter where I go. Speedtest suck for me too, I get like 180kbps, and on my mogul I use to get 1 - 1.5Mbps

Just wondering what you all think. BTW the two ROMS I like best and use are EnergyROM 3 and psyki 3.5, if that matters.

--Steve

Not sure if this helps, but is this good or bad??? (see attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phne.jpg (61.6 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by appzattak; 06-11-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: more info