View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 01:14 AM
Vacs
PPCGeeks Regular

Vacs is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

I have a unmodified xv6800 on Verizon. I'd like to install radio 3.42.50 as a first step towards getting my GPS working. I don't have a way to read or write to a SD card with my computer so I need to ask a couple of questions.

The paragraph below is just copied from the instructions given in this thread. I copied it here for reference.

"So basically you are doing it only to get the radio. That is not your only option to obtain and install a GPS enabled Radio. The following methods are how I did mine. You can download the latest Radio (3.42.30) ( Here is 3.42.40) and place the file (radio) on an SD card, rename that file to TITAIMG.nbh. Place the SD card into the device and put the phone into bootloader mode (Power, camera, reset) and follow the prompts on the screen to update the radio. You can also look for the 3.35 radio on the FTP that is packaged in an installer. All you have to do is plug your phone to your PC and double click the icon, then follow the prompts."

Questions: Would it work if I used Activesync to put the radio on the SD card and rename it to TITAIMG.nbh? If not where can I find the latest radio "packaged in an installer"? I can't seem to find such a thing (although I've seen it mentioned in another thread).

Otherwise is there another way to do this?

Thanks everyone in advance.