View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 PM
GGlover
Lurker
Threadstarter

GGlover is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Does flashing the radio change the amount of radiation the phone emits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMJB View Post
I'm a Biologist. I can say with certainty that the risk you're putting yourself through with the phone is far less than those big macs you cram down your throat. The people who get behind this cause are the same nutjobs that think vaccines are bad. The main "problem" proposed is with Dielectric heating. The radiation the phone emits basically heats living tissue a fraction of a degree. This is much less than when exposed to sunlight. If this was a problem we'd all shrivel up and die when we walked outside.

Most of the studies that claim there are problems use Sar values of 100+ times what a phone emits. It's a very casual relationship at that.

All the people who yelled "cancer" were proved wrong a while ago.
1st, sorry for doubleposting but I'm at a terminal that barely allows me internet access at all...

So to the point, why put a regulation at 1.6KW SAR at all if it only hurts at 100 times that? Obviously there is some reason it was instated. I am not against vaccines at all, they strengthen the body... In no way do I see how radiation from a phone can strengthen me. It just excites molecules the same way Microwaves do in places they shouldn't be excited... Eventually breaking them down and mutating them as any cell that gets constantly broken down does when it repairs itself. And in the brain's case, it just doesn't heal/repair at all. Thus my concern.