View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 09:15 AM
seanosaur
Regular 'Geeker

seanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good workseanosaur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: General ROM Flashing Questions

Flashing really isn't as bad as some people think. Yes, it can be fatal to a phone but I've only heard of a few cases where that happens and it's usually the people that blatantly disobeyed the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeMisiz View Post
First off the instructions at theidoctor.org say to hard reset the phone first, but does this mean just the internal memory or do you have to format the storage card also?
It's always a good idea to hard reset just to have a stock system with the flash. Personally, I've never felt the need to HR and I haven't had any problems.

Quote:
If I update to this ROM with the unlocked GPS and later replace it with another ROM will the GPS be locked again?
The ROM with the GPS unlock is basically upgrading the entire system. Custom ROMs (Adryn, bgill55, etc) are just the PDA aspects of the phone. The GPS will still be there.

Quote:
Is there anything (programs, utilities, settings, etc..) that will be permanently lost from the stock ROM that may later cause inconvenience?
I didn't notice anything missing when I flashed to the Beta ROM. Just upgrades.

Quote:
Will this cause any incompatibilities with verizon(or any other programs) and is there somewhere with the original ROMs available if I decide to revert?
From what I've read here and at modaco,I do not believe the stock ROM is available to revert back to. I could be wrong, though.

Quote:
I also read somewhere that before flashing you have to do a CID unlock which wasnt mentioned in any of the instructions I've read through. Some clarification on this maybe?
Don't know anything about a CID unlock. I didn't change anything before I flashed...