View Single Post
Old 05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
pastafarian
PPCGeeks Regular

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.1 / 6.5 / 7 ::UPDATE::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
No your only problem is you seem to think every post in this thread is about you....
Hate to break it to you but you don't rate that high on my posting to list...
Yes you can run lots of things on 6.5 AND 6.1
Try pandora and tell me how you make out!
I'm sure I could list a dozen more examples of stuff that simply don't work with YOUR future!
But let me ask you this...
How many times have you had to reset your phone this week?
Me? NONE!
Dude, way too hostile!
Every version of WM breaks something. Heck, different xip's, sip's and hacks break things within version releases. I had slight issues with MS3 and Pocket Shield with 6.1 (Silence 9) that cleared up with 6.5 (MR5). The majority of apps that are broken by the change to 6.5 will be patched eventually. Also, no version of WM has ever or likely will ever be even close to 100% stable. To achieve percieved stability, you would have to rigidly control all the processes running and limit their interaction and that's called the iPhone. What can't be fixed is that VZW screwed your phone. When I first saw the different spec I thought it was no biggie, it still had way more ram than a 6800/Mogul. I was wrong! The VZW version of this phone will have a significantly shorter usable life span. Enjoy 6.1, 6.5 isn't for you! BTW, if you're not having to restet from time to time, you're not playing hard enough!