Thread: sprint 4g pre?!
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 PM
TaylorSPJ
PPCGeeks Regular

TaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTaylorSPJ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: sprint 4g pre?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHawaii View Post
Also, don't think of WiMAX in just phones/aircards. I know this is a PPC forum site, but they are hoping to expand WiMAX into other devices too. Anything that could benefit from mobile internet access.

Think Digital Camera/Camcorder WiMAX enabled. Able to send pic/vids right from the camera to your friends and family. Or being able to load them to facebook, myspace, etc. right from the camera.

Think PSP2 WiMAX enabled. Able to battle your friends online, when your sitting on a bus/train on the ride home from school/work.

Think of medical technoligies, maybe being able to monitor our heart rates, blood pressure, blood/sugar level and being able to alarm us or medical professionals if an unfortunate situation arises.

Think of what cellular technology brought to society and what it enabled us to do. Now think of what the internet brought to society and what it enabled us to do. Now you merge those two things together, and imagine what could happen with truly mobile internet. The capabilities are endless. That is what WiMAX (and other 4G technologies) can bring to the table. I can't wait!
I work for an Internet company, and we currently are using WiMax for some of our clients. We are a Wireless based company, and we recently were offered through sprint and another company who manufactures the radio's to use them for our business. We've been using them for about 5-6 months now and they have really made a dramatic improvment on speed and reliance...huge break in latency issue's is one major factor. To bad they need a LOS in order to stay connected.....Wish it could be implemented via PPC....hopefully soon.