View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
1967cat
Lurker

1967cat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon DOES CHARGE WIFI USAGE!

Ok. Just to give everyone a heads up. Verizon has gotten greety. ALL SMART PHONES MUST HAVE A DATA PLAN.
In the past I had a 6700 with no data plan & was just using the WIFI for internet connection. I upgraded my 6700 to the 6800 & everything was fine till I got a $5,000 bill (search the threads for that post for a good laugh). They did credit ALL the data charges. So a couple months go by & everything is fine with my wifi. A week ago my 6800 came off the belt clip going 80mph on the ninja. I sent it (well what was left) in to be replaced and they sent me a HTC Touch Pro. SWEET!
Well I got the bill and guess what? Yep...So I went to the big V and talked to the rep who knows me by name now & why I come in. He tryed to credit the data & they wouldn't. They sayed "Every PDA/Smart Phone must have a data plan now. Your 6800 was grandfatherd in because you didn't have to get a data plan at that time. The insureance company was not subposed to activate your replacement phone (touch pro) without a data plan."
So my only choices is to:
1. Get a data plan (wich I can't afford)
2. Sell this sweet Touch Pro & get a plain jane boring sorry excuse for a cellphone.
3. Find a way to block the V from seeing my wifi usage. Any suggestions?