jlam
Lurker

jlam is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [April 21st, 2009] (((((MightyROM5))))) Windows Phone® 21501 Build 21501

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
Alllrighty. Looks great, first of all - big props to all developers involved in this (Mike&'Rico, as well as Juicy for the 6.5 base). I've been lurking here a good while and recently flashed my first few ROMs after doing a hell of a lot of reading (just ask wifey).

Flash went fine, no hangups there. Hard reset via "clear storage" immediately after and now I'm doing some basic setup, among which is re-setting up my email accounts. I primarily use gmail, and I seem to remember seeing some posts a while back dealing with errors connecting and syncing to gmail in the newer ROMs. I had Copper before this and it connected well enough, but now after initial setup of the email account I get an message box that says "Cannot connect with current connection setting..." with "Error syncronizing" displayed at the bottom of the inbox where the status normally is.

My data connection is active and works as I was able to pull up web pages in both IE and Opera, so that shouldn't be the issue. Ran a search but maybe my parameters weren't good enough. Anyone know what the problem here is?
To follow up on this, after another soft reset gmail connected fine and hasn't given me problems since.

I used Myphone to restore all my contact and calendar data, worked flawlessly. Switched to TF3D and it works great as well.

One question, is there anything special that is supposed to be done in order to get the fancy taskbar icons? I don't hate the default Windows ones, but I was under the impression that this ROM included those from twosen. What am I missing?