View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 PM
lordhelmet
PPCGeeks Regular

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PsykiROM v1.0 - Rhodium Manila VERY FAST! - [21042] [TP2] [UC]

As my info states, I am a "lurker." I've ran this ROM for a day and I am very impressed. I know that's not really saying much as there is a list of more impressive people that have complimented you, but hey, good job. I have used SEVERAL ROMs, but only 2 Rhodium ones, and I've read about all the bugs, and so I thread carefully when downloading Rhodium ROMs. Aside from the known issues (or issue really), I have not had any bugs with this ROM. No text messaging, YouTube, Contact Picture, camera, or Opera issues. But, since we want to keep you humble ,
there are a few things that slow down perfection for me.
One, is that since I use Resco Contacts, my "send" key launches this contact software automatically. So the lack of a phone.ink type file means I can't get into my dialer. I usually can get it from the Start Menu or map it to a soft key so that I may use the stock dialer that I like, and Resco Contacts which I also like. If you can point me in the right direction to be able to launch my dialer that would be great!
Two, Launching Resco Explorer takes a little longer than usual, although I noticed this for the first time when I was running Silence 9.
Three, the auto rotation is slow out of the box for me.
But anyway, the only thing I really need is the ability to launch my phone from somewhere other than the "send" key. GREAT job, and look forward to your future releases. And sorry for the long post...

Oh, and there was a question about mms earlier, and I've used Arcsoft for the last 5 ROMs I've flashed and it's worked every time w no troubles, including this one. And as far as battery drain, I mess w the Pol Interval in the Registry i.e.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\Battery
Default on most roms
PollInterval REG_DWORD 20000-DEC
changed to:
PollInterval REG_DWORD 1250-DEC
That's an example, but different values seem to work differently for different ROMs. And I got that info from a cab posted by TaylorSPJ over at smartphonejunkie. I am still messing with the values for this ROM. And as always, please try at YOUR own risk.

Last edited by lordhelmet; 04-18-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: More Info