View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Anthrax79
N00b

Anthrax79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Thinking of dumping my I910 for a Blackberry

After more than two week of constant use I am still not happy with the darn TS keyboard. I have tried 4 or 5 replacement keyboard, and so far FingerKey V2 is the best, giving me about 90% correct key rate.

The whole TS interface on this device just seem off. In large pages when I try to scroll it selects items. When I do want to select, it scrolls!!! And there appears to be no way to adjust the inertia of the scroll. Most of the time when I do manage to get it to scroll it just FLYS to the bottom of the page.

Then there is the phone interface to the TS. Too many times I have not been able to answer a call or switch to a waiting call because the screen was just lost.

I had a Moto Q for two years and really like the SmartPhone version of WM5 on it, and I really think if they had used the SmartPhone version of WM6 with the added touchscreen the phone would have been much more usable. I am really really displeased with how un finger friendly PPC is.

OK I am off my soapbox now. I would really really like to hear feed back from anyone to help me decide about this switch. Primarily if you have switched from a blackberry to an PPC type device OR if you have given up on the Omnia as well.

Thanks.