View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Cicatrize
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Firefox Mobile, Fennec Beta in 2008??

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
omg i know what you mean. We've been working on a project that was due 2 months ago, and for whatever reason, 2 1/2 months or so ago our testing team said everything was a-ok. Then when it came down to like a week before our deliverable date, we started getting these lists of bugs sometimes containing more than 50 items at a time.

To make matters worse, the things they were reporting at first were the minor things (like a panel being not aligned with others, or a mispelled word) then as we got closer to launch, they started reporting errors on the major functions of the program. Then people are looking at US like WE made the mistake.

It's been a nightmare.
LOL you gotta love it! I had a program go through rigorous beta testing, final testing, then the manager signed off on it and said it was perfect. I went ahead and released it into production (for our people)... Two weeks later:

THEM: "This is wrong. It keeps doing everything the wrong way."
ME: "I coded it EXACTLY as required with the information given"
THEM: *tells me things it should be doing*
ME: *shows them that none of that was on the request OR the Visio doc
THEM: "Well it needs to do this."
ME: "Submit a request...I'll see it when I get to the bottom of the pile"

People don't understand that we work with exactly what we've been given. If we're not given everything, not everything goes into it. heh