View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 09:55 AM
xirin
Lurker

xirin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Few questions before I buy one

Hi there! I'm really contemplating upgrading to a smart phone, and Omnia seems to look good. I had HTC Touch for a little bit, but there were things that deterred me (which I will not go into so as to not offend Touch fans).

1. I did not care much for the Verizon's data plan's price. So, can one still have a smart phone without a data plan?

2. Assuming that I don't have a data plan, can I still use Wifi to go online?

3. I remember loving TenGo keyboard. Has anyone tried it on the Omnia, and what do you think about it? Are there any similar or better keyboards out by now?

4. How is the reception on Omnia? My house is fairly old and quite a few phones have issues getting signal in the basement. Touch had problems, LG Dare does not, a few of Verizon's other dumbphones worked.

5. Is there any phone call management software? Something like "ignore unknown callers between 11pm and 6am"?

6. I tend to read quite a bit on my PDA which this will hopefully replace. How easy is it to scroll in Word? Can I use that spiffy mouse to do that or would I need to flip pages on the scrollbar?

7. Can it charge through the USB sync cord?

8. How does the snooze feature work on the alarm? Can any hardware button be pushed to snooze, or would I have to unlock the phone and fumble with the on-screen buttons like I do on my Dare?

Thank you in advance for any information!