View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 03:34 PM
storyr
VIP Member

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WeatherPanel Freaks: WP-Auth - WeatherPanel Authorization

ATTENTION!

WP-Auth is discontinued.

I've posted modified DLL's that will authorize through proxies, ActiveSync, etc. This is a superior solution to WP-Auth! In addition, this new solution will authorize with a hosted server - providing uninterrupted authorization services.

Read about it/download here

WP-Auth version 1.0

Apparently it's time to post this I've been using this since Nov/2006 without an issue. What it is:

A cab file that alters the registry to redirect auth.marsware.net http requests to another ip address. The files required for authorizations are installed at this location. Note: This is my company's ip address, which will be changing soon. I will update at that time.

Installation Instructions:

1. Disable the WeatherPanel Today plugin:
  • a) Start -> Settings -> Personal -> Today
    b) Select Items tab, find WeatherPanel and uncheck it
    c) ok
2. Download WP-Auth.zip to your PC and unzip WP-Auth.cab

3. Install the WP-Auth.cab file to your device
  • a) Copy WP-Auth.cab to the My Documents folder on your device (via ActiveSync)
    b) Disconnect your device from your PC
    c) On your device, browse to your My Documents folder (using File Explorer or equivalent)
    d) Tap the WP-Auth.cab file to install it (note: it's best to install to main memory)
    e) close File Explorer
4. Power off your device, wait a few seconds, then power it back on (so registry changes will "stick")

5. Soft reset

6. Re-enable WeatherPanel in your Today settings.

7. Run the WeatherPanel diagnostics
  • a) Open the WeatherPanel settings
    b) Select the About tab
    c) Tap Run Diagnostics
    d) After a few seconds, you should see:[list:1722668dae]Connection: SUCCESS
    Auth: SUCCESS
e) Scroll the little window up to see the specific version of WeatherPanel you're running[/list:u:1722668dae]8. Perform an update.

If you did see Auth:SUCCESS in step 7, but it still isn't updating, try this:
  • a) Disable the WeatherPanel plugin
    b) On your device, navigate the your WeatherPanel data folder, found in the WeatherPanel installation location (e.g. \Program Files\Marsware\WeatherPanel\data)
    c) Delete all of the files found in the data folder
    d) Re-enable WeatherPanel in the Today settings
    e) Perform an update
More Resources

(1) A simple HOSTS editing program that allows you to easily add plain text and IP addresses(2) PC Hosts file modification for updating WP through ActiveSync