View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:39 AM
magoo66
PPCGeeks Regular

magoo66 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will the touch pro sync with mac?

I have a mac. I have been using Missing Sync for over a year and a half since I first got my 6800. I really only use it for contact and calendar syncing, and occasionally I'll use the sms sync or some other random feature. For my needs, it does way too much, which is sad because I paid for all the features. However, as people have mentioned, I found the free version of syncmate to be pretty horrible (mind you, that was over a year ago).

What I'm REALLY looking forward to is a *good* wireless sync option. I'm closely watching what google will do with the new sync tool. Right now it's too limited, but from what I've read, it should mature into a terrific alternative. IMHO, wireless syncing is the way to go (like exchange), so you never have to connect the phone to the computer for the purpose of syncing.

On a related note, as ranger093 said, flashing is pretty hard when using a mac. I do have parallels with windows installed, but I run into errors all the time. I have an old windows xp tablet that I use for some stuff, but mostly I just flash using the sd flash method (plenty of tutorials on how to do that, just check the stickies in any forum).

Hope this provides some insight. Bottom line: buy a mac!