View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 PM
PDAPhoneJunkie
My ROMS On My Site

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Simple flashing guide w/Screenshots

Alright, since some people still have trouble flashing I will make a guide of my own for the Apache. There are others out there, but none with screenshots.

Step 1: Get the phone in bootloader mode by holding down the Power button the Record Button and your stylus in the reset hole. You will be given the dark bootloader screen saying "Serial" at the top and "v.X.XX" at the bottom, which is your bootlaoder version.

Step 2: If you are on a computer running Windows Vista make sure you have Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 installed. Now Open the program and go to "Connection Settings" and uncheck the first box, "allow USB Connections".

Step 3: Connect your Mini USB cable to your phone and straight into your computer USB port, don't use a hub or cradle. The Bootloader screen will now read "USB" at the top and the bootloader version at the bottom.

Step 4: Run the RUU for your ROM. This step can be different for which ROM you are flashing. If you are using a stock ROM there will be an excutable you download then run, follow the directions and you will be fine. As for my custom ROM, open the folder and run the excutable, then follow the directions on the screen.

Step 5: After the RUU is complete unplug the device and perform a hard reset, the go through device setup. If you turned off USB connections, turn them back on.

If you have trouble on Vista read here.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 11 times.