PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Simple flashing guide w/Screenshots

Alright, since some people still have trouble flashing I will make a guide of my own for the Apache. There are others out there, but none with screenshots.

Step 1: Get the phone in bootloader mode by holding down the Power button the Record Button and your stylus in the reset hole. You will be given the dark bootloader screen saying "Serial" at the top and "v.X.XX" at the bottom, which is your bootlaoder version.

Step 2: If you are on a computer running Windows Vista make sure you have Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 installed. Now Open the program and go to "Connection Settings" and uncheck the first box, "allow USB Connections".

Step 3: Connect your Mini USB cable to your phone and straight into your computer USB port, don't use a hub or cradle. The Bootloader screen will now read "USB" at the top and the bootloader version at the bottom.

Step 4: Run the RUU for your ROM. This step can be different for which ROM you are flashing. If you are using a stock ROM there will be an excutable you download then run, follow the directions and you will be fine. As for my custom ROM, open the folder and run the excutable, then follow the directions on the screen.

Step 5: After the RUU is complete unplug the device and perform a hard reset, the go through device setup. If you turned off USB connections, turn them back on.

If you have trouble on Vista read here.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Simple flashing guide w/Screenshots

That is so sweet that you are holding the newbs hands for them through this process. Nice job tho bro, seriously.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:38 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
That is so sweet that you are holding the newbs hands for them through this process. Nice job tho bro, seriously.
Hahaha. Well all your "you're just so mean to them bro" comments made me feel guilty. Lol. Thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Hahaha. Well all your "you're just so mean to them bro" comments made me feel guilty. Lol. Thanks.
Hey. What can I say? Youve got your days. But hell, Im about ready to start a flame thread if all these damn s dont start adding thier carrier and device model in thier profiles.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:00 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
Hey. What can I say? Youve got your days. But hell, Im about ready to start a flame thread if all these damn s dont start adding thier carrier and device model in thier profiles.
You and me both. The Titan forum is even worse. I am going to stop coming here if n00bs don't stop posting threads on GPS and getting stuck in bootloader. And don't anyone try and tell me "lighten up on the n00bs". I find it funny how those who don't help n00bs and those who's rank here is "lurker or n00b or PPCGeeks Regular" wanna tell us that are a little higher up to lighten up when we have been helping people for a long time...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT 6700
Carrier: Sprint

lilbilent is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to lilbilent

man i tried this and it still wont work for the wm6.1 rom u did
Old 02-24-2009, 07:18 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbilent View Post
man i tried this and it still wont work for the wm6.1 rom u did
I'm still trying to figure out why it won't work for you. It flashed perfectly on my device.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

oo yeah i would do anything to help you bro
Old 02-24-2009, 07:47 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Thanks. I am downloading Rob's ROM right now. I will see if his RUU works...
Old 02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

oo so u should be done by tonight ? cuz my phone currently down

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache