View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 05:05 PM
leland_jr
PPCGeeks Regular

leland_jr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungathart View Post
Just joined the forum to offer a solution to this problem. Actually stumbled into this very thread recently when I was looking for a solution to the same problem!
Home screen -> Main Menu -> Settings -> Phone -> Security tab -> Emergency Call button -> if you have any numbers programmed here: delete them.
I noticed serendipitously that the stupid "emergency only calls" alert comes on whenever I called one of the numbers I had programmed here (my wife!). Problem disappeared when I deleted the three numbers I had entered. Thereafter, I cannot seem to be able to get that warning to come on.
Hope this works. BTW, called Verizon tech service the same night I found this thread: they are clueless but at least didn't try to snow or b.s. me.
Hope this helps
What's crazy is that I had this problem last night when I actually had to call 911.

Exchange server requires me to have a PIN so I definitely want 911 in that emergency list in case of an emergency where someone has to use my phone, but then it flips out if you actually have to call. I hope VZW is well aware of this.