Thread: Remote Desktop
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM
majorassface
Regular 'Geeker

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Remote Desktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by boolieman View Post
Has anyone ever gotten this to work over the internet? Im looking to have remote access to my computer, i run windows 7 which is vista with a new skin on it, so anyone out there that has even gotten it to run vista i can run it with your instructions.
Hey boolieman,
I use RDP from my Diamond all the time and I love it. Using a thrid party is just out of the question for me. There is one caveat when trying to rdp into a vista machine. If you are running Vista home Premium or whatever, RDP has been removed. Follow the instructions here to get RDP working on Vista:
http://www.unet.fi/fransblog/2007/08...-home-premium/

Once you get RDP working it's just a matter of launching the RDP app on your phone and plugging in your Computer name or IP, your username and password and it works like a charm!

Hit me back if you have any issues getting it working.

Forgot one thing, if you are behind a router and your ISP gives out dynamic IPs you will have to setup ddns on your router.

Last edited by majorassface; 02-06-2009 at 12:28 PM.