View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 02:19 PM
jmorton10
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Backup software testing

I have been tryout out all the different BU softwares lately (Resco, SPB, Sprite & SK Tools) & my latest test was doing a restore with Resco BU.

I have a spare TouchPro flashed with Scott Scrosler's standard ROM. I made a current BU of it with Resco & then hard reset it & told Resco to restore it.

What happened next was kinda weird. Resco gives you a screen saying you should hard reset before a restore. I had just done that so it should have been good to go.

One thing I noticed immediately was that even though I had backed up the system with Resco three times, there was only one BU file listed. Apparently, it overwrote the old file each time without asking me if that's what I wanted. That kinda scares me because if that particular file had been corrupted I might have been out of luck.

I told it to go ahead & restore which didn't go real well. It took FOREVER to restore & seemed to freeze up a couple times during the restore. When it was done & restarted, I had to click off probably six errors in a row & then TF3D refused to load.

At that point, just out of curiosity I opened Resco from the start menu & ran another restore without hard resetting first so all it did was overwrite what it had just restored. Much to my surprise, when it restarted this time there where no errors & everything including TF3D worked just fine.........

~John