View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 05:24 PM
GrandMasterB
.:DoWorkSon:.

GrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIPGrandMasterB is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to GrandMasterB
Re: Omnia or Touch Pro

I currently have the Omnia on Verizon and I can answer a couple of your questions, although I myself am trying to decide if I should stay with the Omnia or return in favor of the Touch Pro. I wouldn't buy one over the other based on the GPS because its only a matter of time until the Omnia GPS will be unlocked rather it be by hack or Verizons unlocking GPS's slated for "first quarter 09" as I understand it to be. The Omnia does have sensativity setting for the G sensor and I find it to be easily adjusted to your liking , and it can be landscaped in any menu , unlike the TP.

Also the Optical Mouse found on the Omnia works really well as a mouse but can also be changed to an optical D-pad if desired.

In my opinion the Omnia is an Awesome phone , way better than I had anticipated when I purchased it. I will admit that I didn't care for it too much when I first got it but with some regisrty tweaks and Manila 2D it has seriously grown on me.

The only reason I am considering the Touch Pro myself is because of 2 1/2 reasons ,

1-TP has a REAL Keyboard. Omnias Touch QWERTY works pretty dang good but can never be as efficient as a real keyboard IMHO.
2-TP Screen Resolution is SO much crisper than the Omnia.
1/2- Touchflow 3D , I only say half because I have Touchflow 2D running on my Omnia and it's amazing , but Touchflow 3D would be even better , yeah?

Good Luck in your search!