View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 01:23 PM
jadesse
PPCGeeks Regular

jadesse is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia or Touch Pro

Haven't frequented this site very often but I will probably will be a lot more. I changed jobs recently & their wireless service is Verizon & I was on AT&T before. Now Verizon’s selection on WM handsets is limited. So basically my only two options are the Omnia or touch Pro.

I really like my tilt because it was an all in one. I really liked it because it has the embedded GPS. Both the Touch Pro & Omnia have embedded GPS's but the JACKASSES at Verizon have them locked. I know that there is a fix on this site to unlock the GPS for the Touch Pro but nothing has been done for the Omnia yet. There have been mixed reviews on the fix.

I have read a couple of post to where people have connected at BT GPS to the Omnia with success. I would assume that this would be possible with the Touch Pro too.

Both devices have the G-Sensor which is cool but there are cons to both.
I played with Omnia for a little while in the store. Its G-Sensor seemed to be too sensitive & there is probably a setting for this. Just holding the Omnia in my hand if it tilted to the right or left a little caused the G-Sensor to re-orienent the screen. However if you turn the unit 90 degrees in any screen the device will re-orientate the screen. Where the Touch Pro will only orientate the screen with the internet, pictures, & video.

I am leaning more towards the Touch Pro because it does have the GPS fix. However I really like the look & feel of the Omnia in my hand. I don't know if I like the fact of not having a d-pad or scroll wheel. I seems like one hand operation would be difficult.

Are there any other issue with either device that I should consider?