View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 PM
luv2chill
Retired Staff

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
This will almost always boil down to one of a few causes, which I have listed in order of likelihood:

1. Your mix of OEMs. Build a ROM completely stock from the kitchen and see if the problem is resolved. Problematic apps like Phonealarm, Wisbar, and InClose should be eliminated first.

2. You did not hard reset after the ROM flash. I know that it's not in the instructions, but at this point (and if you read Jbabey's writeup or the wiki here) this step should be considered absolutely essential, as it ensures that the storage partition is completely clear of all of its previous contents.

3. You have a bad SD card inserted. SD cards that are dead or dying can cause the driver to freeze up while it is loading. Try ejecting it and see if the problem goes away.

4. Flash and/or memory corruption on your device. The former can possibly be repaired by reformatting the partitions (come find us in the chatroom if you want to try this as it's a complex procedure). The latter there's nothing we can do about--bad memory is bad memory.

#4 is unlikely, but if you are getting hangs regularly after eliminating #1-3 then corruption could be the culprit. I hope this info helps some of you.