PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 04:16 PM
N00b

EmoRebellion is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hanging issue with Helmi 1.0.2 Official

I installed Helmi's 1.0.2 Offical ROM using the kitchen, and have been having some problems. After 1-2 soft resets, the device will just hang on the windows mobile boot screen. Sometimes it will clear up with another soft reset, sometimes I have to do a hard reset to get it back. I have tried several versions of the ROM from stripped down, to fully loaded and nothing seems to matter. The software installed seems to have no bearing on lock-ups.

I previously had Helmi's R3 release, and had no problems of this nature. Is anyone else noticing this issue?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

derk is a n00b
Hanging issue with Helmi 1.0.2 Official

I've been experimenting with this exact same problem for several days. I'm glad I'm not the only person having this problem. I've tried six or seven different combinations of OEM and stock modules as well as doing a soft reset after doing the screen alignment for the first time. No matter what I do I get stuck at the Windows logo. I can take any existing 3.5 available for FTP and it works.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Ive had this issue appear three times now over the 8 revisions of the custom rom I've been working on...

From what Ive seen, Performing a hard reset RIGHT after the rom flash is finished seemed to prevent the issue from happening. But I could be wrong being Ive only had 2 chances to test the theory so far, First appearance of this possible bug was after I had made Rev.1, And I just soft reset and it hadn't re-appeared till I was on Rev.6 and again on Rev.7, At which point I remembered how the older 3.3 and 3.5 roms often needed a hard reset after the initial flash...
Old 07-22-2007, 07:22 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
No freezes or hangs since installing this ROM a week ago. In almost every previous ROM I made from a kitchen, after a few days I'd start having issues like those described. I honestly think that the elimination of WBA and phoneAlarm is what's making the device stable right now. I really miss pA, and might try it again later, but for now I'm surviving without it.

I made this ROM using a minimal amount of OEMs and the Sprint extROM info.
I've added a few programs (and removed a few that did seem to have some issues that I wasn't willing to deal with).
(I did have one hang last night immediately after Spb Backup finished doing it's thing, but that's been it.)

Installed on the ROM:
Resco2007
1CalcLite
AlarmClock
HTC Audio Manager
WindowsLive Search
SafeMode
TotalCommander
VJCandela
Most of the little "fixes" for the SIP, BT, Contacts and the normal hacks.

If curious, I have installed beyond what's on the ROM:
PhotoContacts Pro 5.06
PocketBreeze 5.2.15
PocketInformant
iLauncher
MemMaidv2
Spb Backup
Tweaks2K2.net
a few games

extROM is wiped clean- I'm just putting PRLs there right now.

Stuff I'm not using right now:
Wisbar [Lite/2/3]
PhoneAlarm

Old 07-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Hmmm, For me wisbar advanced never locked the phone... I wonder if the O.P. Has wisbar lite in his rom too...
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
This will almost always boil down to one of a few causes, which I have listed in order of likelihood:

1. Your mix of OEMs. Build a ROM completely stock from the kitchen and see if the problem is resolved. Problematic apps like Phonealarm, Wisbar, and InClose should be eliminated first.

2. You did not hard reset after the ROM flash. I know that it's not in the instructions, but at this point (and if you read Jbabey's writeup or the wiki here) this step should be considered absolutely essential, as it ensures that the storage partition is completely clear of all of its previous contents.

3. You have a bad SD card inserted. SD cards that are dead or dying can cause the driver to freeze up while it is loading. Try ejecting it and see if the problem goes away.

4. Flash and/or memory corruption on your device. The former can possibly be repaired by reformatting the partitions (come find us in the chatroom if you want to try this as it's a complex procedure). The latter there's nothing we can do about--bad memory is bad memory.

#4 is unlikely, but if you are getting hangs regularly after eliminating #1-3 then corruption could be the culprit. I hope this info helps some of you.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
I always get locked on the windows boot screen if I forget to disconnect the USB cable. Once the Today screen is up, I can retether.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:13 AM
N00b

waspie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
I always get locked on the windows boot screen if I forget to disconnect the USB cable. Once the Today screen is up, I can retether.
same here, assuming this is just normal at this point
Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

EmoRebellion is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill
This will almost always boil down to one of a few causes, which I have listed in order of likelihood:

1. Your mix of OEMs. Build a ROM completely stock from the kitchen and see if the problem is resolved. Problematic apps like Phonealarm, Wisbar, and InClose should be eliminated first.

2. You did not hard reset after the ROM flash. I know that it's not in the instructions, but at this point (and if you read Jbabey's writeup or the wiki here) this step should be considered absolutely essential, as it ensures that the storage partition is completely clear of all of its previous contents.

3. You have a bad SD card inserted. SD cards that are dead or dying can cause the driver to freeze up while it is loading. Try ejecting it and see if the problem goes away.

4. Flash and/or memory corruption on your device. The former can possibly be repaired by reformatting the partitions (come find us in the chatroom if you want to try this as it's a complex procedure). The latter there's nothing we can do about--bad memory is bad memory.

#4 is unlikely, but if you are getting hangs regularly after eliminating #1-3 then corruption could be the culprit. I hope this info helps some of you.
1. I am using a very minimal build at this point, and everything is from the kitchen. I am using the Verizon ExtROM.

2. I always do a hard reset immediately after I flash the new ROM.

3. I have a brand new SD card bought from a reputable store. I was also able to reproduce the issue without that card inserted as well.

I am really hoping its not #4. I never had this issue using Helmi's R3, so I cant imagine this is the problem.

Also, it always froze for me if I reset it while connected via USB. I just assumed that was normal as well.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Also, it always froze for me if I reset it while connected via USB. I just assumed that was normal as well.
It is normal. I mentioned it because it wasn't in Luv2Chill's list.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache